Sign in to follow this  
stovebolt6

4hp small gap 15's

well i have built some new 15's too go in the rav4, and once i get my alt, i will be throwing the second saz2000d on them.

right now i have one of my ultras in there and she does sound freakin good i need too break out the tl before i pull the ultra out though.

some build pics and i have some vids that will be ready tomorrow of some of the build, with short explanations of one of my methods.

the cones are salvaged from some damaged sdx 15's i have

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

don't mind the pieces of foil that gets removed before the final glue in

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

and in this pic is a stiff paper dust cap i glued first, as the final dustcaps i used were so big around, and the profile is so shallow that they are very flimsy, so i did not want the actual vacuum/pressure reaching the cosmetic cap.

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

looks cool... know what the specs are?

looks cool... know what the specs are?

sadly no.

i really need too get off my butt and buy a woofer tester.

it would save me so much time when trying too find what kind of box works best, with these subs i build.

i usually get close as they are all tc sounds motors that i am very familiar with, and in the case of these everything used except for the cones is actual tc oem components.

and these cones i used are alot lighter than the ti/al tc cones.

also i just finished these this evening, so it will be a bit before i can even power them

isnt the woofer test like $150 bones??? buy that shit bro

yea its fairly cheap, but i keep spending it on other stuff. i just dropped 500 on a 320 a alt for my ride, which i really needed as voltage becomes an issue after about 2 mins. at full tilt and holding revs on the engine, and i have a second saz2000d to put in.

its one of those things by the time i remember that i want too buy it, i had already spent my play funds on something else :suicide-santa:

Edited by stovebolt6

yea its fairly cheap, but i keep spending it on other stuff. i just dropped 500 on a 320 a alt for my ride, which i really needed as voltage becomes an issue after about 2 mins. at full tilt and holding revs on the engine, and i have a second saz2000d to put in.

its one of those things by the time i remember that i want too buy it, i had already spent my play funds on something else :suicide-santa:

lol... i hear ya on that..