Sign in to follow this  
timsm80

Sundown e8v2. or Sa-8

Well I need some advise on which one of these 8's is better for everyday use? I already have a .6 ported box and ill be getting the dvc 4ohm and a 600 watt at 2ohm amp. I listen to mostly rock and country. I've looked at the spec on both subs and the sa-8 will take 200 more watts. But I was wandering if the e8 would be loud enough?? Since its a little cheaper the e8 is what im thinking but since Im only gonna have a 1 sub setup I want it to be right. I already have a rockfosgate p2d48 and its alright but I was going for quality with my little setup not volume. A little help please

I would go for the SA unless funds are really limited or you were simply looking for a bit of low end extension. I wouldn't expect much, if any increase in output with the E8 over the p2.

Yea that sounds about right from what Ive seen and read about. Have u heard either one? ??

No sir, I have no experience with either 8. The increased power handling, motor force, xmax, etc. though should give the SA much more output all other things being equal.

Yea the xmax is a big difference between the 2!!

I'd go with the sa-8 if it's gonna be a single sub. I've owned two so far, used both in single sub systems and they were killer. Many people were surprised that it was just one 8.