Sign in to follow this  
strong*I*bumpin

Can I Go Free-Air?

All this hustling & bustling with enclosures,has ne1 tried a free-air install with the Mags?At one time I tried it with a eD12O,it sounded OK but it didnt have enuff output for my taste.Maybe 2-12's would've done it, anyhow I think I read that some of u are going free-air,I would definitely like to hear ur input.NO Nick,I'm not plugging my Mag into a wall socket nor am I doing any free-air test tones(LOL),just wanna know how they would do in this type of setup.So with that said lets get out the MDF and start cutting out those baffles! :boink:

I will be running the MAG 15 in IB. Waiting on the driver to arrive so I can finish the baffle. Now if you are looking for output, this is not the application for you. IMO, IB apps tend to just bring a natural "blend" of the subbass rather than sheer output.

NO Nick,I'm not plugging my Mag into a wall socket nor am I doing any free-air test tones

why not?? you suck. :)

the mags should work very well in am IB style set up. i should have one soon(dang, i have been saying that for over a year now).

Exactly,when I did it with the O it sounded like how u described it.The bass was more blended in,smoother than the usual pounding u get when they are in an enclosure. In fact I did like the sound but what I'm saying is that 2 drivers,instead of 1 would give me more of that smooth bass .The day will come when I will get my trunk back,oh yes ,she will be mines.