Sign in to follow this  
oo0o00o0oo

SQL for 12" D2

Hey everyone, I should be getting my 12" D2 soon and I wanted to ask a couple questions about boxes and powering it.

I'm looking for more SQ than SPL, clean loud low-end thump is what im looking for

Now as far as power is concerned I can push it with either a JBL1200.1 or a Orion 2500.

I was thinking 2^3 sealed pumping it with the Orion

OR

3^3 ported tuned to ~25hz pushed by the JBL.

Anyone have any opinions on the subject? I have a feeling I'm gonna need to buy another D2 to get what I'm looking for.

TIA

3.3 cubes ported for a single 12 is wasting enclosure volume. You are not going to gain anything going with a larger enclosure than 2 cubes per 12" driver other than raising the peak near/at tuning that is associated with ported enclosures that are larger than they need to be.

Go with the Orion amp (unless you're talking about buying a Crown/JBL 1200, in which case go with the Crown/JBL but do NOT go with the standard 1200 watter JBL) in our recommended 2 cubes ported enclosure.

Basically you can't go wrong placing a driver in an enclosure that we have listed on our web page. Again, going larger than what we recommend isn't going to get you an increase in low-end from our drivers.

3.3 cubes ported for a single 12 is wasting enclosure volume.  You are not going to gain anything going with a larger enclosure than 2 cubes per 12" driver other than raising the peak near/at tuning that is associated with ported enclosures that are larger than they need to be.

Go with the Orion amp (unless you're talking about buying a Crown/JBL 1200, in which case go with the Crown/JBL but do NOT go with the standard 1200 watter JBL) in our recommended 2 cubes ported enclosure. 

Basically you can't go wrong placing a driver in an enclosure that we have listed on our web page.  Again, going larger than what we recommend isn't going to get you an increase in low-end from our drivers.

Listen to this man he owns SI...

I can also promice you from my own experience that 1.5-1.7 sealed with oly 600 watts will yield heavy low end and very loud bass. You cant go wrong with a little more power either. As far as ported the only time I have heard mine ported was 1.5 tuned to 32hz with around 17sq.in. of port. It was loud, but I would definatly recomend the 2cu.ft. @28 as recomended. Mine seemed to lack the extreme low end that it has sealed. Awsome driver, definatly worth the money. You wont be dissapointed.

Yeah, I'll even go as far as saying to try 1200w in 0.7 cu. ft. I'll vouch for SQ with the ability to get plenty loud. :D

JMigs owns the silver Camaro on our web page BTW. :) His first generation 12" sounds phenomenal coupled with our 307 front stage with Peerless 6.5" midbass's.

JMigs owns the silver Camaro on our web page BTW.  :)  His first generation 12" sounds phenomenal coupled with our 307 front stage with Peerless 6.5" midbass's.

Yes, yes.....I'd have to agree that it does. Too bad it wasn't an easy install. :)