Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Sub recommendations

Box is small,.6-.75 and is sealed.I know that it won't give out the sort of output like a ported would,but I don't have room for a huge box.Looking for a mix of loud and good sound if that is possible.600rms @2ohm on hand. $150 price,give or take a few bucks.Thinking I can get a decent used one.

Check out some of Dayton audio's woofers.

You were a little lacking on the info of the box, is it already built? If so what size driver hole does it have?

If it's not built yet then I'd like to recommend either a 10" Fi X series sub or the 10" SSA DCON. Both subs will work in that sealed enclosure and on that power quite well. The SA-8 doesn't do very well in a sealed enclosure and if all you have is that .6 to .75cuft then you'll not likely have the room to port the enclosure for the SA-8 either. A good 10" seems like the best choice for that smaller sealed enclosure to me.

Just my .02

Box is a prefab made for my specific vehicle to allow me to keep the room in my hatch area. Driver hole size is 9 3/16,but I could always make it a little wider if needed. That FI X looks like a very nice sub,nice price too. :fing34: They have a configure option that says "BP" yes or now. What is that option? Would they perform about the same? I can get that Dcon for a good price from a board member. Just wondering if the FI would do better? The specs looks like it would.

Edited by Scooby

I would have said the same as Alton. :drink40:

Both drivers should perform quite well.

:woot:

You won't be disappointed!