Sign in to follow this  
Loud n Clean

2 Sundown SA-12's in new custom box

Just finished my custom box build recently for my Sundown 12's and got a DD-1 a week or so ago and got it all tuned. I'm running a Sundown SAZ-1500D @ 1ohm...this is my first video at full tilt after tuning with the DD-1

How was your gain before using the DD-1 and now?

example: 10 oclock, now 2oclock.

Just curious.

How was your gain before using the DD-1 and now?

example: 10 oclock, now 2oclock.

It stayed pretty close to the same. When I first set it I did so with a dmm, using a 50hz test tone and setting my volume to 3/4 of the way. Using that method my gain was set up at about 11 o'clock. Using the DD-1 my gain now sits at about 9 o'clock. Also, I had the bass boost up to about 9 o'clock before. Hearing those things you would think distortion, clipping, stinky coils....never had any of those issues. I could bang my subs at 24/35 for as long as I wanted and my dust caps never got hot....I think a couple times I was able to get them slightly warm, but that was after beating out for a long time at high volume. By long time I mean around an hour and a half to two hours. But now I don't need bass boost, rarely turn my sub level up on my deck past 0, and usually have my deck set to "subwoofer 1" which is a lower output than "subwoofer 2"....I only put it on the latter when I am giving a demo or just want to slam for a while. It's also nice to know the max level you can turn your deck to without issue, never knew that before. I think what effected my sub stage performance the most was not only the new box, but also the tweaked settings for my lpf and ssf. The DD-1 just let me know my max deck volume before distortion and dialed my gains accurately to match the input source signal. And it's much easier and faster than setting any other way....now I can't wait for the CC-1 to come out!