Sign in to follow this  
trinitymatt

Can anyone recommend a H/U

I am currently running an alpine 7995, at this point it is the cleanest deck I have ever heard. Has anyone heard one of the new Panasonics with 106 db S/N and 5V preouts, or does anyone have any other decks they would recommend?

What exactly do you want in a deck, as far as features are concerned?

Budget?

I love the 7995, however I was hoping for better S/N, as well as a higher preamp voltage, or possibly balanced line out for my future amp upgrades. I am an SPL junky/ Competitor, that hopes for sufficient clearity out of a system to run SQ in the near future.

8053 Eclipse?

If you're just concerned about S/N and preout voltage, I'd say adding an outboard line driver is going to be the most bang for your buck.

The idea of a 7995 as a burp deck is intriguing, to say the least :D

our team has 3 7995s that is what our stock class cars running 1 15 are hitting upper 140's low 150's on. just incase we decide to run Iasca we added RCA 2 Ainet aux inputs. because at that volume Iasca will require us to run our stock class car's outside the vehicle. But we all want at least 160's needless to say the other 2 team members are leaving stock class because they want more amps. When you are running 8800Wats RMS to a single sub, you need as little distortion as possible right, we still haven't blown our 9500 series DD's

I'm not an SPL competitor, but I would imagine that whatever amplifier(s) you're using are going to add a heck of a lot more distortion to the output signal than the head unit ever will below the clipping threshold...

I'd add a line driver.

:Doh: I have an in dash epic 160, however I was only planing on useing it for the voltmeter, and the internal mic that is dead on with the 3055. That might work too, huh? :Doh: