Sign in to follow this  
Halojumper1981

Sundown E8 v.2

So I an installing four I hope anyways E8's but magnet diameter and true mounting depth matter. I am putting these under the rear seat of a 2011 Titan king cab and am in the process of building the box the max. At this point I am actually settling on the E series due to the fact that the SA r so damn big. Now if these subs magnets are in fact to large what would be a viable 8 to use in the truck. Power wise right now is a Lil wonder 3 that says it makes 2600 at 1 ohm. But, I might also be looking at other options for amplification. As of right now the box has a total volume of 2.51 FT^3 and I will accommadate port size to tune to what ever sub I get.

Many thanks in advance.

First thing we would need to know is your space limitations. Can't recommend alternatives if we don't know what will fit and what will not.

Tousche, if the magnet is 5.5 inches in diameter ibcould have a mounting depth of 5.75 inches give or take .05 inches. So that us the max depth if the magnet was that big also that is the max the magnet could be. Since most places don't list the magnet diameter it makes it a chore to calculate of.images if it will fit. Many thanks in advance.

damn wish you were closer i have a custom box loaded with a L7 for your truck.

So I moved some of the interior of the box around and I can now fit a 6 inch diameter magenet and the depth can be 5.70 inches. These are exact numbers and really the max I can fit, if anyone can help it would be greatly appriciated.

its a down fire that sits between the front and the back seats.

side

2011-09-30_19-02-12_819.jpg

2011-09-30_19-02-19_498.jpg

side top

2011-09-30_19-02-01_358.jpg

bottom

2011-09-30_19-02-30_798.jpg

Wow great looking box and interesting design. Never thought of that approach. Seems to be for a four door though. Am I correct. If not what would u ask for it to sell it. Thanks

it is for a crew cab.. im sorry i thought thats what you had... yes it looks completely factory.. my friend had it made by the biggest custom shop in texas cost him 1000 bucks loaded.

i picked it up off him when he sold the truck. i was thinking 250 with the sub.

Wow. Sucks it wont fit but that is a great price. I have a few friends with these trucks. I will pass it on to them if you would like. Thanks again for helping.

So I still need some help. If anyone has an e8 v.2 I would truly be grateful if some one could give me the magnet diameter on this sub. I have sent Jacob multiple requests with no answer to date. I thank you all in advance for your assistance.