ChaseBordeaux

Entire Factory System Replacement (HELP!!)

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/oem/assets/2007_Lancer_RaveCard.pdf

That's the system that's currently in my car. I'm wanting to replace the ENTIRE system. I know the amp sits under my driver seat and is a B**** to get to but I want to rip the entire system out and start fresh.

I really want bass so I have 2 12" SA-12s waiting to go in.

I need:

Headunit (preferably single din so i can get an eq) ~$200

4- 6.5 mids - ($100)

2-4 tweeters - ($30? no clue)

4 channel amp to power them.

Any suggestions at all will help. Thanks guys. Also if your selling something let me know ;)

I like to keep the headunit red to go with the rest of my buttons/lights in the car.

Instead of buying midbass speakers and tweeters separately, im assuming your going to be running passive you should just buy two sets of 2-way component set instead.

Why rip stuff out. Leave the amp alone, use the stock HU, get an aftermarket processor and add your own amps, drivers, and wiring.

Are you planning on using component sets (tweeter, mid, and passive crossover) or buying individual mids & tweeters? If your doing the latter, your going to need some active processing, whether it's from a headunit, processor, or on-board functions on amplifier.

What's wrong with your current speakers, aside from having no bass?

I agree with Tirefryr on leaving oem and using a processor.

Tire wouldnt he want to take out the stock amp if he is taking out stock speakers?

Tire wouldnt he want to take out the stock amp if he is taking out stock speakers?

Just because it stays, doesn't mean your using it.

The stock headunit is so dim on the front light and i cant see it during the day unfortunately.. That's why I wanted a new head unit. Now as for processor I don't understand what you guys are talking about sorry i'm new to the door speaker game.

EDIT: Plus I can get about $900 for the system that's currently in the car. The car's not going anywhere anytime soon since I still owe some money on it.

Edited by UsafBordeaux

If your not going to use possessors, id suggest buying full component sets instead of buying speakers and tweeters separately

Any suggestions that you could throw my way? i need 6.5s

The best thing to do is to go to some shop and try to listen to the most speakers you can. Tell us what you liked or not, and we'll see.

Why do you need so much speakers. A single set of component speakers should be enough, unless you're going with several thousands watts for your bass ! Don't be cheap on the speakers ! and some deadener can help too, but you need a budget for that.

Good luck !