rkrajnov

I am beginning to get frustrated with Fi

I know of several people who have had their subs reconed and never had an issue. Unfortunately you sent yours back at a very busy time and Nick said he would get it taken care of for you.

NOOOOO!! i know its a small operation... But having only one day for recones is just horse shiit. I have and still own a Fi product... Just hearing this, if my sub did fry i would NOT send it in for a recone. Why...?? My luck it would take 4 + weeks to get it done!

I would more likely just buy a new sub...ELSE WHERE! :-)

Or just buy a recone from them and do it yourself, it's not very difficult man.

Is it really true they only recone stuff one day out of the week..?!?!!

W T F!

you guys picture some big china factory... its not like that...

how would you do things?

im sure its the best way.... so your hard parts dont mixed up with new hard parts. and what not.

its a small company. that does big things,.

I personally would hire more help. With enough practice, anyone can recone a sub.

then you would be bitching about the price of subs.

W T F!

how would you do things?

im sure its the best way.... so your hard parts dont mixed up with new hard parts. and what not.

NOOOOO!! i know its a small operation... But having only one day for recones is just horse shiit. I have and still own a Fi product... Just hearing this, if my sub did fry i would NOT send it in for a recone. Why...?? My luck it would take 4 + weeks to get it done!

you have no idea the amount of subs the turn out.. not all of them say FI on them....

W T F!

how would you do things?

Why you whining? Is your sub there? No. So STFU.

Imagine how hard it is to keep the prices as they are already, when they are made in the U.S.A. This isn't just another mass produced sony xplod or kicker. A lot of work, and time go into making, designing these woofers.

Manufacturing has to be lean and processes in order for any manufacturing business to run. They do the things they do for a reason. Customer support is by far #1 here and well worth the wait for a quality product.

Alright, so months ago I blew my subwoofer. It was still under Fi's one year warranty though so finally, on December 2nd, I sent it in for warranty repairs (with all proper contact information and everything filled out). I contacted Fi shortly after this inquiring how long it might take for them to get the subwoofer back to me. However, this question was not even answered and I simply received back something along the lines of them saying they were very busy and had not even had a chance to look at warranty items (which was understandable considering my sub should have just arrived there maybe a few days before this and since it was right before Christmas).

Now here's where my frustration begins. Since then, I have e-mailed them twice again to find out the status of my subwoofer, once shortly after Christmas and once maybe 5 days ago. I have heard no response to either e-mail and no contact has been made about my subwoofer. I sent it in a month and a half ago now and I figure the least they could do is call me and let me know what's going on and about how long it will be till I see it again. I was trying to be patient, but I think at this point I have the right to be somewhat frustrated. I love the subwoofer, but I am not too pleased with their customer service quality. Not really sure what I should do since they don't have an evident phone number to call and contact them. Anyone else have a situation like this with Fi?

PM Nick direct so this :worthless: thread will close,

It doesn't need to close, people just need to keep their opinions to themselves instead of getting involved in a thread that absolutely does NOT pertain to them. Nick handled the situation and a few members chose to keep something going that was previously finished.

Anybody who has dealt with ANY other company (except maybe Jacob @ sundown) immediately realizes that the customer support from Fi/AA/SSA is the best out there. Anytime you offer speakers that can handle what we collectively throw at Fi woofers is bound to see a few failures, not due to defects on their end but because of improper installation. You don't have to be a complete rookie to make the sort of mistakes that would result in your woofer blowing, ie I was fiddling with my subsonic filter bc I was planning on competing in psychlone for an event, forgot to set it back where it was supposed to be and burned the tinsels playing some Shitty dubstep with a 22 Hz bassline. I contacted Nick, he correctly guessed my tinsels had blown, so now I know it was my fault. My tuning was low, but not low enough apparently, so I rebuilt how I saw fit. I considered throwing sundown z v3 soft parts in, as I've seen great results from the hybrid, but i thought about that for about one second and I remembered that one can really only trust the coils on the AA/Fi woofers to handle the biggest power loads. After plenty of abuse at 4k+ rms my coil on my N215 is a little dark but from recent videos I've seen that may just be the color of the epoxy on the coil. If you know rocketboy you've seen him throwing 8k rms at an SMD 18 all day. basically minimal damage where it matters most. One can't ask for more.