Tirefryr

Free MPEG to MOV file converter?

Anyone? Need this for the Ipod video, and don't want to pay $30 for QT pro.

I thought iPod Video used MPEG-4 video format ?

I'll see if I can come up with a "free" program and upload it to my public Gmail account for you ...

Mpeg4 or Mov. I just figured this out, and DLed a nice program called WinAVI. Found it from the Iden forums. Thanks though!

The trial version of WinAVI puts a large red watermark in the center of the screen, just so you know ... I already have the "free" version, but it's an older one (7.0) that doesn't convert to .mov format ...

Besides that, I'd recommend going to the higher quality MP4 format using the specialty version of WinAVI for iPod Video, PSP, etc.

I've already got quite a few programs (QT Pro, WinAVI iPod, and a few others), but I'm going to try them all out and see which one turns out the best before uploading it ...

Yeah, I got a key gen and got a username and password so it's all good. Seems to work rather well so far.

Well, I uploaded the WinAVI iPod Video converter as it seemed to be the fastest and have the best image quality of the ones I tested ...

You can get it at ...

http://www.gmail.com

User - JmacTones

Password - jmacftw

hey can any one tell me of a better way to put media in the video ipod other than the software it comes with . it really sucks when i plug my ipod in my computer freezes for about 5 min. and its really a pain to put music and pics and movies in. is there an easier way, like just pasting files from my computer.

Far as I know, itunes is the only way to do it. You can transfer media to it just like any other removable drive, but without using itunes, the ipod will nto recognize the media and make it available for use, other than transfer to a different drive.

The iPod Video Converter I supplied can supposedly transfer it directly to your iPod Video ..