Sign in to follow this  
stovebolt6

a little something i am working on

well i am planning on building 6 of these, i have all parts on hand, so i decided to build one, and measure it before i proceed.

they will be tc2+ motors, with 6" spiders, a reproduction of the original tc1000 coil, sa8 cones, and baskets. the leads were stitched by me.

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

the first parameters were with the coils paralleled

R(e) = 1.005 ohms

Fs = 38.36 hz

Qts = .356

Qes = .376

Qms = 6.706

Le = .732mh

mms = 112.6grams

vas = .1479cu. ft.

spl = 79.88

these were in series

Re = 3.95

fs = 37.68hz

Qts = .331

Qes = .351

Qms = 5.882

Le = 2.874mh

Mms = 121.5 grams

Vas = .1422cu. ft.

in case any of you are used too see vas in liters those are both just a tad under 4liters.

now i will build a test box see how she sounds, and if i am pleased will build the other five.

that sub looks.... sexy great job!!

Sweat.

Did you use software to help achieve your goals? SpeaD? WT3 for specs?

that sub looks.... sexy great job!!

thank you, i wanted something light and under stated for the dustcap, so i went for plain paper, on this one i made one small boo boo with the glue on the cone by the dustcap. it can be seen in the last pic, hopefully i can get the rest perfectly clean.

from a physical aspect when building subs the dustcap is without a doubt the hardest step for me. lol

Sweat.

Did you use software to help achieve your goals? SpeaD? WT3 for specs?

i just bought my wt3, but as of yet i still do not use any software for deciding softparts.

i have built a few subs, but other than one, they have all been with motors that i am very familiar with, so i can get close too were i want, just from knowing the motor so well.

i still have ten subs on hand that i built in the past with the above method, before purchasing the wt3, and i measured them all this past week, and all but one were around were i wanted them too be.

the one turned out too be way off from what i intended, but it should work wonderful in a large sealed box. it explains why the damn thing was always so peaky in every different ported box i tried it in. oh well.

I've read experience outweighs all other tools used when designing a driver.

Unfortunately I have no experience. Kudos to you.

Not sure where you are located. I could have a good conversation over a couple of beers with you :)