Noobtastic14

NEO underhung 18s on 125wrms ea

damn dude very cool!! lets see a build log!

and does your port say DC?

Yes it does, the port and outer baffle were CNC cut.

It is a classic music box. Big volume low port area plus the 10" spiders and 4" coil give it big excursion and a nice wide band of output.

Thanks for looking!

-Drew

damn dude very cool!! lets see a build log!

and does your port say DC?

respect for that .. very very cool !!

Lol, big volume low port area, that's called a leaky sealed box.

so with your port saying DC, how much port area and or port volume do you have? and might I ask how you know this number if you do?

Lol, big volume low port area, that's called a leaky sealed box.

Yup! something like that ;) The original port ~215 sqin of port was just to big and after all that I realized that because the box narrows in the back I have to seriously adjust my port size. Also, because its cut in layers The CNC time was getting expensive so I could only do so many layers which landed me with a pretty port but not optimal SPL. Also, If I wanted Raw numbers I would not put the port on the bottom either this is more of a daily amusement for friends and myself rather than a serious # monster.

Original

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e216/saxwonder05/DC2.jpg

so with your port saying DC, how much port area and or port volume do you have? and might I ask how you know this number if you do?

I drew everything up on autoCAD and used the Island function to get the internal/external area of the DC cutout and used those numbers to calculate overall area and port volume compared to the estimated net volume of the box. Actually, My overall volume # is more of a guess than the port numbers.

-Drew

Edited by Noobtastic14

o the powers of autoCAD! I have been using that program for about 5 years now lol! it never fails to amaze me! nice job man! and I like that sticker in your picture! "SLP gets you Laid"

Ever think that the port area for SPL, and the port area for a daily scenario never change? What makes you think requirements change?

The range of frequencies change as the ratio of box volume to port change. A small box with big port will peak higher at tuning and roll off steeper as you move away from tuning while a big box with smaller port will operate with a wide range and small boost at tuning frequency. My box plays pretty flat with a gain at 39 and 49 which sounds pretty good on music whether rock or rap. Now, A big box with a big port works wonders as well I'm not saying that it is bad if I could have worked it I would have but we all know that a car is not the optimal place for doing what we do.

-Drew

**I hope you are not under the impression that I chose that side thinking it was best case because I didn't. That is as big as I could go staying within box dimensions and budget. It was built to be the only DC shaped port wall not to stop all other walled 18s.

Edited by Noobtastic14

any idea of what kind a DB's you are pulling?

I see your point, but why not use smaller drivers and adequate internal area and vent area?

Have you tried sealing it?

No, I have not because the box is massive for sealed but I think I'll give it a try in the summer to see what it does.

The port is small but not miniscule It still functions the way it is intended to but with almost 150sqin its not the 215 I had hoped for plus with bracing and glass, etc. I am sitting right around 10sqin percuft. Like I said, no numbers box just a unique daily driver is all. I ended up using these drivers because they perform better in this application as opposed to small stiff spiders and high power handling (my car only has and will ever have 240A of max output)

-Drew