Sign in to follow this  
tRiGgEr

RL-i10 advice please

Any input would be appreciated. In the market for some new drivers. Since I've had so much success with the RL-i8, I thought I would try out the 10s :bigok: .

Option 1.) 3 RL-i10's. Sealed .48ft^3 net volume each. 433 watts rms each. Orion 1200d @ .67ohms.

Option 2.) 2 RL-i10's. Sealed .53ft^3 net volume each. 650 watts rms each. Orion 1200d @ 1ohm.

Main question is about the Orion. Will it be stable @ .67ohms. I don't know how impedance rise effectively changes in a small sealed box. I don't see the enclosure space difference of .05ft^3 effecting much low end output.

Any thoughts? Advice? Opinions? Love to hear what you guys would suggest :D

Thanks

Adam

the trio would be fun, as for load on the amp, shane might know best

the trio would be fun, as for load on the amp, shane might know best

just fired him an email

I'll try and ask this @ Ca.com :Doh: good luck with getting an answer eh lol.

Can't view the forum from work anymore, so that put a damper on asking a couple questions...

But you will get a reply like: Amp stable at .67ohms, what are ohms? It'l work just do it and SS huh? wtf is that crap, get a type ARRRRR!

But you will get a reply like: Amp stable at .67ohms, what are ohms?  It'l work just do it and SS huh? wtf is that crap, get a type ARRRRR!

lolergoobers :runlaugh:

But you will get a reply like: Amp stable at .67ohms, what are ohms?
Edited by tRiGgEr

you know, i was thinkin about splurging on some subs too and considered getting three rl-i 10"s as well (in addition to the svc 8er i'm gonna pick up).. i can't help but try and compare them to mainstream subs...what do you guys think these compare to? from what it seems they could easily own a 10w3v2 in SQ and SPL (i have access to three of these as well hehe)...

you know, i was thinkin about splurging on some subs too and considered getting three rl-i 10"s as well (in addition to the svc 8er i'm gonna pick up)..  i can't help but try and compare them to mainstream subs...what do you guys think these compare to?  from what it seems they could easily own a 10w3v2 in SQ and SPL (i have access to three of these as well hehe)...

I've never heard an rli so I cant say. I think you should get em and do a review for us though :).

I have never heard an RL-i but I have beat the crap out of my TC2+'s and they love it and sound smooth

But you will get a reply like: Amp stable at .67ohms, what are ohms?  It'l work just do it and SS huh? wtf is that crap, get a type ARRRRR!

Serious lol.

I'm wondering what the actual DC resistance will be @ the amp. I know it will not be a perfect .67 and how much it rises when the VC are heated...

Maybe I'll just have to pick up the 3 and test it. If 3 do not work out, I can always use one in my HT setup :domoslay:

Sorry, didn't mean to mock on you just crapaud. If Shane ^ says it is 1/2ohm stable you are GOOD TO GO!