forsellb

Can two AA Mayhem 12s hit 150+DB?

I have 2 15" mayhems and i do 149.9 if that counts as a 50 for you?

no sir!!! :peepwall:

And on what meter? :ughdunno:

Box position, flexing, electrical, etc all play a roll. A 145 can sound like a 50 but not meter it..

It just cant be determined without a meter. Imo

damn , I'd work my butt off getting that extra 2 tenths ! sooooo close ...

Box position, flexing, electrical, etc all play a roll. A 145 can sound like a 50 but not meter it..

Duct tape around the gaskets, done. :)

Why do you want to hit 150db?

A 150 means your a Boss! Duh.

no sir!!! :peepwall:

And on what meter? :ughdunno:

he uses a term lab

Duct tape around the gaskets, done. :)

Ive seen many people do that.. I'll try this saturday.

Upgrade did 151 with 2 12's on 3k. It just takes testing and hard work

what personally made me my shake my head was the OP seemed to want to guess that his stereo is probably 150+ DB

or did i miss read that?

what personally made me my shake my head was the OP seemed to want to guess that his stereo is probably 150+ DB

or did i miss read that?

Alot of people under-estimate what it takes to reach 150

Your correct

I just want to see what the absolute loudest my stuff can get. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm only asking if people on here think it's possible. From what I'm getting, my current set up won't hit 150s, but a new enclosure an reinforcements and I take it it's possible. Maybe 150 is too much, but all great adventures start with one goal.

I just want to see what the absolute loudest my stuff can get. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm only asking if people on here think it's possible. From what I'm getting, my current set up won't hit 150s, but a new enclosure an reinforcements and I take it it's possible. Maybe 150 is too much, but all great adventures start with one goal.

Why 150 ? Do you want to compete?

this is true..

any pics of your current set up?

in my opinion, 150 is the first step to a true bass head :) and no I don't at this time unfortunately. I have a 01 Lincoln ls, subs in the trunk facing the rear, DEFINITELY need to dynomat the trunk just been . Working on

Working on it this weekend some more, getting everything cleaned up and almost professional looking.

in my opinion, 150 is the first step to a true bass head :) and no I don't at this time unfortunately. I have a 01 Lincoln ls, subs in the trunk facing the rear, DEFINITELY need to dynomat the trunk just been . Working on

I was just asking bcause I bought a termlab and spent thousands of dollars to prove I could do it in my2009 jeep liberty. After that I determined it wasnt worth it. For my ears or the jeep.

Yea, I am to find someone that already had one or a shop that's got one but no luck... :(

Yea, I am to find someone that already had one or a shop that's got one but no luck... :(

A cm-160 cost 349 plus shipping it will do what you want.

is it very expensive to get into the 50's and time consuming.

and to be honest. i think anything over 145 is damn loud.

if your going to spend the money on a meter then get a SPL sound meter... steve mead on here can hook you up hes a dealer.. and its pretty close to a term lab.

anything else wont be respected and is a waste of money if you plan on boasting about your numbers.

4 or 5 years ago i could not find a single person or a shop in austin or san antonio texas with a term lab... so i bought one... 900 bucks plus the cost of a laptop.

now there are more and more people with them.

someone near you has one.. post a as in your local Craigslist looking to use one.

Ask your doctor what being exposed to 150db will do.

Ask your doctor what being exposed to 150db will do.

no joke.. i have an older friend here localy.. he has been into car audio his whole life, and his truck is about as loud as my car.. and he wears ear plugs when he runs.. and people laugh.. but if you know him .. and you talk to him .. he says "huh" and "what?" all the time...... because of his life style of car audio.

and if you love your lincoln.. then stop now... i find pieces of my car, laying on the floor board and in the trunk and every time i get under it to do work.. i notice something missing.

on my big black one, my fuel evaporating system broke off and was dragging down the street... its factory welded onto the car, it broke all the welds.

and a friend of mine with a lincoln broke his internally, and it send charcoal into the fuel tank, and mixed with gas, it went thru his lines thru the filter into the injectors,.. had to replace IT ALL!!!!

im lucky enough to not only have a few cars but also i have work trucks.. so i put less then 2000 miles a year on my cars.

just something to think about.

True

Edited by forsellb

I guess I'd be happy with high 140s, but I won't stop racing for the 50s. I was thinking about adding two more 12s and them. Gotta save up though. And yea, these subs vicious! I either got a concussion I couldn't remember or the subs gave the problems, not to mention it is falling apart too. Obviously the mirror is gone, having trouble with rear wheel bearings and mufflers and this that and the third. I love the Lincolns look but not the problems lol I want to gut it and rebuild it all

Good to know your setting a goal and working to get there.

I think that's what a true basshead is no mater what you hit numberwise

Good luck on the 150 it wont be easy :P

Build log!!