Sign in to follow this  
Dangrebel

Batt is dead I think!

Well my starting batt decided to poop out today. I noticed a lower charging voltage than normal, I shut my truck off and voltage dropped from 12.8 to 12 with in 5 min so my front batt is pulling my rear batt down. I went outside an hour later and it was at 10.5 so I'm guessing bad cell in my front batt, it is 5 or 6 yrs old. So I am prolly gonna get a dura last platinum. It's the agm version of the duralast gold. Any other suggestions?

Ive hear relays work.. They separate both of your batt's so if one is draining the other one dosnt.. That what ive heard for the most part...

Ive hear relays work.. They separate both of your batt's so if one is draining the other one dosnt.. That what ive heard for the most part...

Well I want both batts helping with my stereo so a relay wouldn't really help, I got a new batt so I'm good

you go with the Platinum ?? I have a P-2 in the trunk right now... It is nice to have a 4yr warranty on it... :sleepwerd4:

Yea I got the platinum! I thought they cost more but I was surprised how cheap!

Yes, $200 is not badd for a 4yr warranty ... also they have a group 31 for $380 with a 3yr warranty..

I was gonna get the g31 but there would be no way to run it in my engine bay so I just got the 34

I was gonna get the g31 but there would be no way to run it in my engine bay so I just got the 34

I went with a group 65, will probably get a group 34 under the hood at some point... Just not fancying the look of my Kinetik battery anymore and whatever... lol

I just scored a duralast platinum myself. Read good reviews about them and good price for agm technology and warranty. I don't know what's going on with optima batteries lately, but I heard that their quality is getting worse. I also heard someone say duralast platinums are pretty much die hard platinum and intimidator battery line technology with autozones label on them.