Dan208

Cheap(er) 12" subwoofer recommendations

I've got a box for a single 12" just sitting in the garage and thought I'd put it to use. I'm looking for some recommendations for a cheap twelve. This is just something to get me by for a while so I'm only looking at spending around $50 max. The box is just over 1 cubic foot (something like 1.12 I think) and the cutout is a hair over 11".

Here you go. Theye are sold in a dual voice coil and single.

I am assuming your box is sealed.

This would be a nice amp to use with it as well (get the single voice coil 4 ohm for this amp).

Edited by edouble101

I've got a box for a single 12" just sitting in the garage and thought I'd put it to use. I'm looking for some recommendations for a cheap twelve. This is just something to get me by for a while so I'm only looking at spending around $50 max. The box is just over 1 cubic foot (something like 1.12 I think) and the cutout is a hair over 11".

Even though T3 is out of business PE is blowing their stuff out,

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=269-087

12" 400w RMS isn't bad

Not sure of the recommended enclosure specs, but you could probably stuff your box.

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=269-087

12" 400w RMS isn't bad

Not sure of the recommended enclosure specs, but you could probably stuff your box.

Yeah, I can't seem to find any box specs on them but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. The only thing I'm not sure on is the cutout diameter. I think they are just a little too big to fit and my last attempt to enlarge a cutout was an extreme fail.

http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=269-087

12" 400w RMS isn't bad

Yeah, I can't seem to find any box specs on them but I'm sure they're out there somewhere. The only thing I'm not sure on is the cutout diameter. I think they are just a little too big to fit and my last attempt to enlarge a cutout was an extreme fail.

Well if it is too big you can always just cut a new faceplate and make it in to an adapter plate.

you could always try to invert it too.

Damn you... mine wouldnt post!

Great minds think alike...

Guess what I am thinking now running2.gif

T3 drivers are known to fail right out of the box, so think long and hard before purchasing.

T3 drivers are known to fail right out of the box, so think long and hard before purchasing.

thanx.gif

Guess I should have mentioned that I'm looking for something around 200 watts @ 4 ohms or 300 watts @ 2 ohms.

You might be able to find a used RE SR 12 for about your price range. The one I have I got for $50 shipped of ebay about a year ago. IMO its the best sub $50 can get.

My first sub was a Lanzar max12 st and I was extremely happy with that speaker. It got very loud in my opinion for the price and sounded very good aswell. It looks like junk but it's loud and sounds good. And takes abuse

Edited by Briggiboy33