Sign in to follow this  
no_username

can i use remote bass and hu bass at same time

I ask because i dont have heavy basd till volume 20-23/25max

Gain is 24v at volume 25

I may try it out because i have s clipping indicator

"Gain is 24v" what?!

Your signal voltage isn't that high, perhaps you mean the voltage on the output side of the amplifier? Either way it's meaningless, especially considering you haven't stated what amp your using.

Turn the gain on the amp all the way down. Turn the remote bass knob & bass level on hu all the way to the max. Turn the volume on the head unit near your max listening volume, start turning the gain up on the amplifier until you can hear distortion, then turn it down slightly until it goes away.

You will want to set the gain of the amp at the max level your head unit is capable without clipping. I know that there are head units like the CDA-117 from Alpine that do not clip at max volume with flat settings. I am unsure however if you start increasing the bass level on the head unit if this will remain true. It really depends on the head unit.

That being said, once you have your gains set, you can use both to adjust the level of bass, but only by decreasing both. For instance you need to have your remote bass knob plugged in and turned all the way up before you set your amplifier gain. If you found out that your head unit does not clip with both the volume, and bass maxed out, or some level before that point, you need to set it there, and only play to that level and below.

I don't see a need for using the head unit's bass level, if your box is designed right for your vehicle.

Stefan got to it before me, but every head unit I have seen with my own eyse on the o'scope, is that the max volume before clipping is reduced proportionally to the level the bass level of the head unit.

For instance; if your radio clips at 34/35 at level 0 for bass, it will probably clip at 32/35 at +1 bass etc...

Stefan got to it before me, but every head unit I have seen with my own eyse on the o'scope, is that the max volume before clipping is reduced proportionally to the level the bass level of the head unit.

For instance; if your radio clips at 34/35 at level 0 for bass, it will probably clip at 32/35 at +1 bass etc...

And this is why I usually leave the HU at 0.

And this is why I usually leave the HU at 0.

Same here, I leave it flat nearly all the time.