I would go recrimp and solder all of your connections. I did that on my friends car and his voltage went up a lot.

iv re crimped all wires and shaved every connection again and it has something to do with my charging system or batts. today went to the beach and was at full tilt for about 20 min. was at about 11.8 to 12.2 as usual but when turned off system voltage never got higher then 13.4 where it supposed to go back to 14.1 so its got to be the voltage regulator or not enough bat power. i just can't find it.

and i was going to add the alt ground but stereo shops were closed today. will do on my way home from work tomorrow.

Added alt ground and it seems to help voltage rise faster after the bass hits but still dropping to 11.8 at idle. I was looking into a voltage regulator but can't seem to find one. I need one for a ford 6g. If anyone know where I can get one that would be great!

Edited by NastyLincoln

hold on...

did you ever have good voltage at idle???

Yes lol 14.1 idle then 11.8 at idle at full tilt.

oh, because some h/o's dont have a great output at idle..

im still leaning with alternator problem or a bad battery... i hope you figure it out...

i have a proven 6g h/o for sale if you end up needing an alt

How much and will it fit my 03 Vic?

2011-11-10_14-07-13_238.jpg

2011-11-10_14-07-04_190.jpg

6g same as yours right?

Looks right what's the plug look like?

2012-04-02_22-22-01_64.jpg

Yeah it will work. Whats the amps? And brand? And price? ;)

Wow look what I found lol. Dosent really make sense to e but here it is

SOME 2003-2004 CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR VEHICLES MAY EXHIBIT LOW CHARGING SYSTEM VOLTAGE AND/OR A DEAD BATTERY AFTER PROLONGED IDLE WITH ACCESSORIES ON. TO SERVICE, REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) TO THE LATEST CALIBRATION LEVEL USING WDS RELEASE B29.9 OR HIGHER. THE NEW CALIBRATION RAISES THE BASE DRIVE IDLE FROM 544 TO 600 RPM, NEUTRAL IDLE REMAINS AT 800 RPM. THE NEW CALIBRATION ALSO DETECTS WHEN THE BATTERY VOLTAGE DROPS BELOW 11.8 VOLTS DURING AN EXTENDED IDLE AND WILL RAMP THE IDLE SPEED UP TO MAINTAIN BATTERY CHARGE. IN NEUTRAL THE IDLE SPEED WILL SLOWLY RAMP UP TO 1100 RPM. IN DRIVE THE IDLE SPEED WILL SLOWLY RAMP UP TO 800 RPM. THE IDLE SPEED WILL RETURN TO THE BASE VALUES (600 IN DRIVE, 800 IN NEUTRAL) WHEN THE BATTERY VOLTAGE RETURNS TO 12.5 VOLTS OR HIGHER.

Well just tried the 0 gauge run from from front to back and it helped at first but still drops so low. And once I stopped playing system voltage didn't climb higher then 13.4

And a question, would one bad ground in my whole system cause this much of an issue.....?

Been researching a lot and found mostly the same stuff that could be causing the problem but went over every ground up front and shaved and re crimped the connections. Still no success.....

depends on what ground it is....

in a DC system.. the positive is only as strong and the negative... so if either of them are weak it will effect the system as a whole

The only ground left to check would be the amp ground on the frame tucked up in a tight spot. I'll try to re do it this weekend when I have time. Work and school sucks lol