I have 8guage kicker ofc wiring kit in my truck. Right now its powering one powerbass asa 400.2 subwoofer amp that puts 400 rms. I have an old amp that i want to put on my front door speakers that is 55x2 rms. Would my 8 guage wire be enough for that also? Or do i need to get another wiring kit to be safe? Thankyou. Oh and is there any advice for wiring my front doors? I want both amps in the back of thetruck. Do i run wires from where the factory wires are to the amp for high level input then another back to the doors? Or do i take the wire out of the door and then to the amp And to the doors? Thanks for any help.

Use another wiring kit. 8ga is small wire to begin with but its a cheap kit for beggining installs. if its just a small amp get another 8 ga kit, or get a 4ga kit with a disi block and run seperate 8ga from there to the other amps. but don't double amps on one run of wire, in my opinion, ever.

So should i get like a cheap cca like 4 awg or 1awg on amazon for like 30 bucks and run my sub amp off that and put the door amp with the old wires? Or would 4 awg cca wire be no better than 8 awg ofc wire? Im 17 with no job but a bass addiction... Its a tough life. Lol..

So should i get like a cheap cca like 4 awg or 1awg on amazon for like 30 bucks and run my sub amp off that and put the door amp with the old wires? Or would 4 awg cca wire be no better than 8 awg ofc wire? Im 17 with no job but a bass addiction... Its a tough life. Lol..

a 4 gauge cca kit would be better than 8 gauge ofc... but if u have the $ get the 1/0 gauge kit

and yes u can run the door amp off the 8 gauge wire...

Edited by 16K

You get what you pay for. Get a quality name brand kit, or some welding cable and do it yourself, but do not cheap out on cable.

Alright well its been a long time since iv been on here. Today i gave it A shot at wiring my front doors for a 2 channel... I turned it on and a buzzing noise happend and wouldnt stop... I have a 55 rms 2 channel and a 400 rms subwoofer amp. Does it buzz because all the wires are together? I used the highlevel input for the signal for the amp and i think thatz why.. If i get a set of rcas for that amp will that help? Or do i just need to wire ecerything differently?