BavarianBeast

cresendo audio Ft1-se

These tweeter just came out , since I'm done with my sub setup I want to work on my front stage, I'm thinking of getting 2 pairs of these for my front doors. Right now I have mb quart components runing of an amp , it sounds good but I want it louder.

So Anyone that has bought and ran these let me know how they sound and work for you.

These tweeter just came out , since I'm done with my sub setup I want to work on my front stage, I'm thinking of getting 2 pairs of these for my front doors. Right now I have mb quart components runing of an amp , it sounds good but I want it louder.

So Anyone that has bought and ran these let me know how they sound and work for you.

I don't think you'll get many replies. Helpful replies...that is.

damn well I think they will look great in my door so im gonna go ahead and buy them and ill right up a review and take pics.

Two of those tweeters in your doors isn't a great idea. No reason to need more than a single pair.

What mids are you using them with and how/where do you plan on crossing them?

Two of those tweeters in your doors isn't a great idea. No reason to need more than a single pair.

What mids are you using them with and how/where do you plan on crossing them?

x2 unless your doing a boat load of mids per door, one pair of tweeters will be enough.

Even if he's doing a boat load of mids, there's no reason to have more than a single pair of tweeters. If they are truly 109db sensitive then 30w per driver will get a single pair of them loud enough to begin deafening you, literally deafening. That's ~128db over the very sensitive range of human hearing.

Though depending on his system layout and such, using a "supertweeter" may be far less than ideal.

yea maybe your right ill probably just run 1 set and see how it is if I need it to be louder ill just get a set for the rear. Im ruining mb quart 6.5" mid bass but its in the kick panel not in the door. and the tweeters will be runing around 100 rms , I have a DD-1 to set my gains.

The tweeter is only rated at 80 watts and wont even need that much power really.

x2 100 watts is WAY too much for those tweeters and 1 per door is plenty for your mid set up.

I run the Nendo XST's, 2 per door, but I have a LOT of pa mids also.

Not sure how these will compare to the AQ supertweeters, but I've installed a few sets of those and they sound quite good. VERY full bodied and able to get quite loud, but not harsh/shrilly sounding at all.

IMG_20120406_124236.jpg

You mean these? Yeah I had to turn them wayyyyyyyy down. I turned the gain down to almost min on my amp and I still have these at -15db on the deck.

That is a terrible install location for tweeters.

well im just saying 100 rms cause thats what my amp will be giving them I have 4v outputs on my deck so gain will be set at 0 . I was thinking 2 beacuase there is a 1" tweeter hole and a 3" so i was going to stick 1 crescendo ft1 in each hole on the 2 doors and have gains set to 0.

drpanelrgt01.JPG

Edited by BavarianBeast

No. There's no need for two drivers per side output wise, and sound wise all it's going to do is cause significant destructive/constructive interference issues which will mess up the frequency response & decrease the quality of sound.

Just because there's a hole, doesn't mean a speaker has to fill it. A 3" midrange is going to have an awfully difficult time blending with the supertweeter unless you pad the hell out of the tweeter.....at which point all of that sensitivity becomes meaningless and you might as well have just gone with a normal tweeter. That and you would need a way to actively cross all 3 speakers.

so you think I can run a regular tweeter and then crescendo super tweter in each door, how will that sound?

sorry if im not making much sense I dont really know too much about front stage and tweeters thats why im asking all these questions cause I dont want to go through alot of different speakers trying to find whats sounds best when I can just ask you guys and get them.

Sorry, you misunderstood my last post.

Adding another speaker to the mix is just going to complicate things. Without the proper equipment and setup it's just going to make things worse instead of better.

Don't add another speaker. I know you have an extra hole there and think it has to have a speaker in it, but it doesn't. Just the supertweeter & the mid for right now. That's all you need. Yes, that means you have a hole that isn't filled. Figure out a way to cover it up with something that's not a speaker. Upholster over it, create a badge to stick in there, but don't add another speaker. More isn't always better. At your knowledge level and likely equipment/technical limitations I don't see any advantages to adding more speakers to the mix.

The supertweeter would drown out the "regular tweeter" 100%. that's why we do not recommend using rear speakers in a proper setup as the "front stage", as it's called, typically drowns out the rear speakers and has bad acoustical effects if leaving rear speakers powered.

Ok so dont put rear speakers and just get the super tweeters in the front, thanks for the help. now I got 1 more question the mb quarts feel like there lacking in the midbass idk if thats cause there in the kick panel or not do you guys recommend anything 5.25 for good midbass or would I have to go 6"?

Ok so dont put rear speakers and just get the super tweeters in the front, thanks for the help. now I got 1 more question the mb quarts feel like there lacking in the midbass idk if thats cause there in the kick panel or not do you guys recommend anything 5.25 for good midbass or would I have to go 6"?

Cone area will be your friend.

The installation / enclosure alignment of the speaker will also effect it's midbass output among other things.

How are you planning on crossing over the speakers? Use the original passive network from the mb-quart set for the mid and super-tweeters? If so, don't be surprised if it ends up sounding worse.

To mate with a super tweeter you are going to have to use something with enough area to have decent output, but is small enough to still extend high enough to mate with the super tweeter. I wouldn't recommend a 5.25" driver for that purpose.

Do you have the processing to run active?

No I dont have processing at the moment maybe in the future but right now I was thinking about keeping things simple . so ill just have the holes widened to fit a 6.5" and probably buy some cdt hd 6 , as for crossovers I was going to purchase the ones for the ft1-se there like $10 each and then just leave the mb quart crossovers for the mids. think that will sound fine?

the kicker ks 25 tweeters handle 150 rms

Ive found the tweeters I want and im not looking for suggestions on tweeters just midbass and good crossovers I can run , The crescendo ft1 se will look great in my door.

Ive found the tweeters I want and im not looking for suggestions on tweeters just midbass and good crossovers I can run , The crescendo ft1 se will look great in my door.

Unless the two passive networks you plan on using happen to have the same cross over points, you would be left with a gap where they don't "mate."

IE: speaker A is crossed over at 1000hz, and speaker B is crossed over at 2000hz. Now you have this frequency range (1000hz to 2000hz) that is highly attenuated to the point that neither speaker will "cover" it, and overall it just won't sound right.

If you aren't willing to spend the money for some sort of active processing unit, then you would overall be better off with a component set in my opinion.

Edited by stefanhinote