Sign in to follow this  
23sonmyfeet

GCON

I believe you will find they favor sealed alignments. I am putting a GCON 15 in 2.25 cubes sealed.

Edited by nem

I am working on finishing up the enclosure sizing today. The standard sizes will look close to 2.25 sealed, and 3.5 ported. :)

Aaron, 18" ported... and yea for a neon... Don't ask i've just always wanted an 18" sub.

Box enclosure, I'm stuck trying to figure out if I'd rather run an Icon or Zcon.... Just starting to establish a budget and direction for my new project.

Aaron, 18" ported... and yea for a neon... Don't ask i've just always wanted an 18" sub.

Box enclosure, I'm stuck trying to figure out if I'd rather run an Icon or Zcon.... Just starting to establish a budget and direction for my new project.

MJ, the Gcon is not available in an 18", only 10/12/15. Is that what you were asking?

Guess I should have looked into it more, well that settles it on Icon if I choose to do the 18" route.

You are torn between the ICON and the ZCON? Or was that a typo?

I am torn between which route I'm going to take with this car, yes... If I want to build another strapped, super low impedance balls to the wall bass car than the ZCON wins hands down... The gcon part was a typo... I am leaning more towards Icon at the moment due to the musicality, paired with needing less amp behind it.

I am torn between which route I'm going to take with this car, yes... If I want to build another strapped, super low impedance balls to the wall bass car than the ZCON wins hands down... The gcon part was a typo... I am leaning more towards Icon at the moment due to the musicality, paired with needing less amp behind it.

Why not an XCON then? Kind of the best of both worlds.

Definitely a possibility, the Xcon puts me in the same boat, running a larger amp on an already stressed electrical system... But as Aaron knows, my plans are never final until the equipment is on the way.

Definitely a possibility, the Xcon puts me in the same boat, running a larger amp on an already stressed electrical system... But as Aaron knows, my plans are never final until the equipment is on the way.

You don't need a large amp for the XCON. I ran 900 RMS on my 18 and it was great. Then if you get an itch to upgrade you can double power.

Hell, I ran 240 watts @ 4ohm mono on an Xcon 12 sealed. :)