Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

Wiring full range speakers in parrallel?

I havent really heard much about wiring full range speakers. I am hoping to get a new amp for my sub and i was wondering if i could wire both my front and back door speakers with my 2 channel powerbass asa 400.2 it should put out about 200 rms times 2 at 2 ohms and i didnt know if you could wire door speakers together or not.... I just havent heard anything about it. My reasoning is because they have to direct the freq to two different places so idk if both speakers would get all the signal... Lol its a noob question i know...

you sure can... its only the law of resistance.

Alright i just wanted to check to be sure. Just full range speakers seem to be alot more "technical" than a sub. And i didnt wanna waste my time figuring out how to wire the back doors in my truck... But thankyou very much

why would it be hard to wire up the back speakers?

You will lose your ability to fade front-to-back, which may or may not be important to you. Depending on speaker locations/layout, what the speakers are, etc it may make the rear speakers be a little overbearing.

What is the layout of your system & what does it consist of?

Personally if it were me, I would generally opt instead to only run the amp on the front speakers & run the rear speakers off the headunit.

Thats prob not a bad idea. But im my truck the back speakers are maybe about a foot behind me if that far. But idc about fading. I have kicker 6.5 ds doors. But just because ill have alot of wires and because its an access cab so the door opens the other way.