Sign in to follow this  
twinkie7238

2 - SA8's box design

Vehicle: 1992 Ford Festiva

System setup: 2 layers of peel and seal on the roof, hatch and entire cargo area from bpillars back... 160 amp ohio gen alternator, 950cca optima red top up front, xs 450cca in the rear... big 3 with accel 2 guage power and grounds....head unit - jvc-kd-avx2.... amplifier - atomic 1000.1....american bass 4" coax (front and rear).... subs - 2 sundown sa8d2 version1.5's

Space to work with in hatch area:: 35" wide 12"deep 16"high

material: 1" NOVA PLY

goal: MECA Street 1/ 142-145 @ the headrest

Car peaks out at 50 hz with mic on passenger seat, drivers door open, passenger door closed, woofer on passenger side, port on driver side, woofers and port facing up??? seem to lose a db or 2 with port facing drivers quarter panel and woofers facing up...

can anyone give me ideas on box size before or after displacement, would like to tune box between 40-45 hz

any thing over tuned over 35 hertz for these subs are a bad idea just saying but i have two single boxes made and each box is .5 cubes after displacement bt the boxes are 12" wide 12" deep and 16" with a 12" wide port 2" high and the port is wrapped around the whole box i don't remember the exact mesurments bt its tuned at 32 hertz

Sign in to follow this