Sign in to follow this  
coll

Fi SSD 10 for Home Use

Have any of you used an SSD 10 for home subwoofer use and does it work well.

I have a high quality 2 channel stereo system at home and use a subwoofer to fill in the bottom end. My present sub has an RE Audio SR10 dual 2 ohm driver and a 500 watt rms amplifier. I am wondering if I would get an improvement by using a Fi SSD 10 dual 2 ohm driver. It would be used in a sealed enclosure to get best quality bass and be the high QTS version.

Any opinions would be welcome.

I am a bit confused about cabinet size as I keep seeing different optimum box sizes quoted, ideally I would like to know what the HQTS actually is so that I can model it in WIN ISD. I assume all other T&S parameters remain the same and only the QTS is changed.

10" sub vs 10" sub... well sure they will sound different but would it really be better? Both nice subs to use but I would think outside the box. Actually forget the box and be in the box. FI IB3 should be much better for sound quality if you can cut a hole in your listening area/house. 500w rms is plenty of power for 2 18" IB3's. smaller subs might not sound better and the output is going to suck unless you get a bunch of them. I own a 4 IB3 18" line array in a 2200 cubic foot room. Still blows me away with movies and secret low end in songs. ex. Dead Wrong> Biggie. Most music does not go that low to fully use the IB for just music.

You could just put a 12" FI Q in a large sealed box.

Sign in to follow this