Sign in to follow this  
DJGTSR

US AMPS, musical amps? or SPL Sub amps?

Ive heard that USAMPS are sub drivers rather than musical amps. By musical I mean stuff that would drive high end components. I use my USAMPS for everything as I am impressed by the formidable power and low distortion.

How good are US AMPS at playing the upper frequencies compared to brands like sinfoni and brax?

Are there NOTICABLE differences between the tube series and regular AB US AMPS?

J

Ive heard that USAMPS are sub drivers rather than musical amps. By musical I mean stuff that would drive high end components. I use my USAMPS for everything as I am impressed by the formidable power and low distortion.

How good are US AMPS at playing the upper frequencies compared to brands like sinfoni and brax?

J

USAmps makes one of the best amps in the world, allot of wat you see on the market today are copy's of USAmps......... atleast they try.

The amps are very SQ, clean, but they also have allot of power and very high dampingfactors.

Tube, Class ab, Class D 100% sound quality, power and controll.

Tru and Brax have verry nice amps to, but i love the rocksolid USAmps style, the standard of the NR1 amps today!

USAmps go's way back they kno ther stuff, if you have the buck for it, than go with the BEST USAmps!!!!

Regards,

Maarten.

Edited by 4-live

J

USAmps makes one of the best amps in the world, allot of wat you see on the market today are copy's of USAmps......... atleast they try.

The amps are very SQ, clean, but they also have allot of power and very high dampingfactors.

Tube, Class ab, Class D 100% sound quality, power and controll.

Tru and Brax have verry nice amps to, but i love the rocksolid USAmps style, the standard of the NR1 amps today!

USAmps go's way back they kno ther stuff, if you have the buck for it, than go with the BEST USAmps!!!!

Regards,

Maarten.

You havent read my post. I already have a full USAMPS setup and I only buy USAMPS. THe question is, how do they compare to higher end brands?

Im talking the old stuff, not the NEW USAMPS.

J

the old stuff well how old? because the REALLY REAALLY old usamps that dont have xovers or gain knobs, were meant ONLY for subs. you can run them with comps, but you have no way to control the power unless you have an external gain knob or something. but the circuits are clean man... i would put them up there with brax and stuff

the old stuff well how old?  because the REALLY REAALLY old usamps that dont have xovers or gain knobs, were meant ONLY for subs.  you can run them with comps, but you have no way to control the power unless you have an external gain knob or something.  but the circuits are clean man... i would put them up there with brax and stuff

I love the boards. Im in love with Dirk ;)

I want him to sign my amp when i send it in for repair!

I feel, US Amps top end stacks up with the best in the business, maybe less features and a little larger and maybe a little less efficent, but SQ has never been in question,

All options considered equal, and THD's below the range of human hearing, ive always assumed a watt is a watt.

The SQ, of US's IMO, i just like many many many others ive used, and does not effect the reasons i buy US.

Quality, rock solid dependability, and the authority that these amps drive speakers with is why i buy.

I hear with an ear, not an RTA, so all the gold plating and high end components found in brands like Brax, Sinfoni, and others, do not appeal to me when factoring in the cost.

I do believe a thread exists where hearing the difference between chit amp A: and quality amp B: will earn you 10,000 dollars. The fact that RC did not get his ass handed to him immediately only led credence to my theory.

All options considered equal, and THD's below the range of human hearing, ive always assumed a watt is a watt.

The SQ, of US's IMO, i just like many many many others ive used, and does not effect the reasons i buy US.

Quality, rock solid dependability, and the authority that these amps drive speakers with is why i buy.

I hear with an ear, not an RTA, so all the gold plating and high end components found in brands like Brax, Sinfoni, and others, do not appeal to me when factoring in the cost.

I do believe a thread exists where hearing the difference between chit amp A: and quality amp B: will earn you 10,000 dollars.  The fact that RC did not  get his ass handed to him immediately only led credence to my theory.

musical is an understatment ! they are amazinggggggggggggg

My only experience with us amps has been in my buddies vehicle with an ax1000 driving his cdt es 07's and they got loud and clean but man the sq and his sound stage were amazing. AX1000 may seem like overkill for components but the gains turned down and with head room available make it worth it. Keep in mind the es 07's are rated at 200 rms per side so they can handle some power.