Sign in to follow this  
nickm

where to find the right

amp for my 2 SI 12s.

I need help finding a good amp for about $400 shipped. I bought 2 12s thinking my 1200 could run both. Later found out its only good for 1. I don't have room for another 1200w amp. So I need to step up to something that can handle 2.

Any suggestions or help?

TIA

-Nick

You dont have room for another 1200W amp yet a 2000W+ amp will be about the same size as 2....

honestly, for daily driving I feel the MAG 12 does not need goobs of power,

something that does 1200 - 1700 @2ohms is fine

Depending upon application, you can have excellent results with as little as 600 @ 2 ohms.

You dont have room for another 1200W amp yet a 2000W+ amp will be about the same size as 2....

Here is my install so far. I am sure I can fit a bigger amp. If I move things around. But there aint now way I am getting 2 amps the size of my kicker 1200 in there. The amp I have now is a kicker KX1200 mono class D 1 ohm stable.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=138021

Thanks again.

Nick

if you are really stressed about power, why not run a second KX 1200 and mount it above the existing 1200?

if you are really stressed about power, why not run a second KX 1200 and mount it above the existing 1200?

I dont have the room for a second amp. I need to pull the 1200 and replce it with a larger amp. Yeah I still need to remove every thing and trim it, then carpet it. This was a test fit.

forsale%20018.jpg

forsale%20019.jpg

Edited by nickm

Probably too much cheese, but a IA 20.1 would be the ticket.

I am getting a price on one. I have a line on anothre for 675. I would like to keep the price a little lower.

Have you measured that piece of wood ?

It looks like you could squeeze another 1200.1 in there is you moved each amp over to the edge of the wood and pulled all that wiring back or made holes for it to come through the wood.

Have you measured that piece of wood ?

It looks like you could squeeze another 1200.1 in there is you moved each amp over to the edge of the wood and pulled all that wiring back or made holes for it to come through the wood.

Its a 60/40 split seat. The brackets from the seats go all the way back to the wood. I have a hard time getting the RCA wire around the brackets. I tried to mount all the of my amps there. The only way would be to mount them // \ But then the tops of the amps wont let the top part of the seats go all the way back. And I have no idea how I would connect the wires to the lower part of the amps. The seats have top go in before the amps. If I put the amps in first, there isn't enough room to tilt the seats in. They have to tilt in for the mount brackets to clear the box. Believe me I tried to squeeze 3 amps in there.

every thing clears with about 1". I almost have to put the seats and the box in at the same time. then the rear ply wood then the amps. With the seats in, there isnt much room to connect the wires. But I manage.

Edited by nickm

maybe look for a used KX2500.1, that is the exact amp that you seem to be hinting at,

same company/big power, 2ohm load etc.

I picked up  a brand new IA 20.1 for 625.

very nice :domoslay: