Blitz08

Ssa icon or kicker l7

Aaron, don't sell the Icon short. Depending on the box it could very easily be louder at all frequencies. If not, it would just be a rather narrow band where the L7 could have more output and it isn't such an audible amount. The L7 is SUPER box dependent so anyone generically recommending it needs to have their head checked.

I was running a single 15 icon on a aq1200 and was pushing close to 140 on a spl meter. It will be different for different cars, but with a proper sized and tuned enclousure I bet 150db is possible on two 15 icons.eek5wavey.gif

Wow now I see how much I actually missed sorry about that..The vehicle is a 09 dodge charger & all I listen to is rap.As far as box & install I will be taking it to a professionall to try and get the best box that the sub reccomends..The system is in a daily driver & I will not be using in any type of comps..

Two 12 L7 will not fit in that trunk with a proper box as they are technically closer to a 15.

Two 12 L7 will not fit in that trunk with a proper box as they are technically closer to a 15.

Yep, and of course a critical parameter would be how much box can you/are you willing to fit?

Read the noob posting guidelines, it'll help. They are in my sig.

my g/f does 141's on 500 watts with a icon 15....... on 500 WATTS!!

I ran a pair of 12" L7s in a custom ported enclosure for a long time. That set-up was loud as hell but I can tell you they definitely lacked detail. It was great for me as I was 18 at the time and had the loudest system in town (I thought). I'm 26 now and my taste in music has changed since back then. These days I'm about SQ so I'll be sticking with sealed enclosures from here on out.

It all depends on what you want to get out of it. Based on the videos I've seen and from these forums, I have no doubt that the ICONS will satisfy your SPL craving unless you're looking to compete. If you're looking to compete, there may be better SPL options.

***By the way - I am not a SSA fan-boy. I just received my GCONS but have yet to run them, and have yet to hear any of the SSA products in person - I would consider my opinion rather unbiased at the moment. I hope that changes once I finish my install adhd.gif

go with the Icon

I love Icon's.