Sign in to follow this  
xxbobbyfinxx

2 SA-10s in a Single Cab?

So I currently have Kicker CVXs upgraded from some MTX Subwoofers that used to have 400RMS. None the less I feel like I don't have the 1000 watts that I should and most people are telling me it's my box. My box is 1.8 cubes and that's for both subwoofers. Kicker barely fits and I was looking as the SA-10 requires .5, so surely giving it .9 each would make it sound REALLY good? It's a sealed box and I'm just trying to destroy my truck essentially. I've got the BRZ1200.1 amp and I hope that these subwoofers will do well in my single cab.

I couldn't find the frequency response on these though....if anyone knows can they share it with me?

EDIT: Posted on the wrong forums but can't figure out how to delete this.

Guess I'll ask how a single ICON 10 would sound in a single cab.

EDIT: Nevermind, SA links to SSA forums.

Edited by xxbobbyfinxx

SA 10 sounds worlds better ported.

If you are set on sealed you might look at different subs.

SA 10 sounds worlds better ported.

If you are set on sealed you might look at different subs.

Even though they require such little space? I mean I have a single cab so porting isn't a good option for me.

For the same price basically you could go with a pair of SSA gcons. They are more suited to sealed than the SA and require .85 cube per which would work for you.

Not sure if money is a concern but the FI Q 10 will work in as small as a .2 cube box with .5 being optimal with the high qts option.

Go with a Sundown SD-2 10. The mounting depth isnt as tall as the SA and since it doesnt have a pole vent the magnet can be against the back enclosure wall. The recommended enclosure size is 0.5 cubic feet.

SD-2 is the best driver for behind the seat mounting in standard cab trucks imo. Unless you go with a true shallow mount driver.

You could go with the SD but again not the best for sealed either. Not saying it would sound terrible but it is more suited for ported as well in my opinion.

It may fit your physical size limitations better no doubt.

The SSA GCON will be nice, but it's mounting depth is over 6". So it wouldn't fit in my truck as is. The SD-2 10 looks promising though!

Hahah, went to go pull out a CVX to see how one would sound with more volume to itself. Each speaker had a voice coil wired to itself......

Needless to say they are wired correctly now and I can see a little improvement as far as the bass goes. I will see how it sounds over the next few days and see if it still doesn't feel like 1,000 watts.

I like the idea of a single ported 10, considering this is what I have. Two Sundown SA-8's wouldn't be too bad either biggrin.png

Not sure if I missed it, but what kind of truck do you have?

Not sure if I missed it, but what kind of truck do you have?

I think he has a 2000 Ford F-150 regular cab truck.

I am not sure how big the regular cabs are in that year of F-150, but I have an 07 F-150 regular cab and I have the tiny little doors that open up in the back...and I had room to do an XCON 15 ported...3.5 cube box too...my box builder did a ridiculously good job and everyone else said they couldn't do it :P

Edited by DEMO

I am not sure how big the regular cabs are in that year of F-150, but I have an 07 F-150 regular cab and I have the tiny little doors that open up in the back...and I had room to do an XCON 15 ported...3.5 cube box too...my box builder did a ridiculously good job and everyone else said they couldn't do it tongue.png

My friend has one of these trucks, and I always imagined fitting a nice substage in it. I wish I could fit a 15 in my regular cab lol