Mark LaFountain

RF HX2 12" enclosure ?'s

any thoughts on what the best sounding enclosure for these subs are? I would lean towards vented for the boom, what do you guys think, gonna build a box for one soon. I want deep sounds, also some snap when I need it though.

if I get a chance tonight I will run it through BBP,

any thoughts on what the best sounding enclosure for these subs are? I would lean towards vented for the boom, what do you guys think, gonna build a box for one soon. I want deep sounds, also some snap when I need it though.

go with the recommended size and tune to a few Hz above the Fs of the sub.

That is the way I would do it.

Everyone had fun last year, we actually had people come back and ask us to do up and above the 6 shows that we do all year!

Good luck with the box, I'm sure that we'll hear you bumpin' around town. :blink:

Edited by TeamXSSChris

any thoughts on what the best sounding enclosure for these subs are?  I would lean towards vented for the boom, what do you guys think, gonna build a box for one soon. I want deep sounds, also some snap when I need it though.

go with the recommended size and tune to a few Hz above the Fs of the sub.

That is the way I would do it.

hey dave, maybe you could help me out here, I was trying to run it through BBP, and I am getting some funky numbers, what do you reccomend for the enclosure :huh:

2.25-2.5 cubes tuned to about 30Hz for SQL applacations---32-34Hz for more of a street vehicle.

Hope this helps,

sounds perfect :slayer:

jamie

gonna go with 4cube on this box, (I like the boom) can any one wip up a vent space for me tuned to like 35hz?

tune it lower than 35 if its an RFR, 29-33 for a daily

if its an RFD, 33-38 is just fine

i would do the port calc for you but i dont know the rest of the dimensions... sorry

i agree with what everyone is saying. definetly port RF subs. GnomeAudio can make u box plans........10 bucks i think.

you got your custom box plan right here direct from moonswordrai express

you give me the dimensions, i will gladly do the calculations and send you a plan