98exploreron22

Time to change my setup

I think i am going to try the 8-10'' subs you just dont see 8-10s in the cargo area in a explore every day and i think it will look badass to. i do all my box myself i use the new bassboxpro 6.... i am looking at 11.78 port area per foot with the 4-6'' ports will that be good are do i need more port area

I believe the rule of thumb for aeroports is 10-14 sq.in. of port/cube. slot is 12-16 sq.in. You should be fine.

I think i am going to try the 8-10'' subs you just dont see 8-10s in the cargo area in a explore every day and i think it will look badass to. i do all my box myself i use the new bassboxpro 6.... i am looking at 11.78 port area per foot with the 4-6'' ports will that be good are do i need more port area

Cool! I look forward to seeing it.

Cool! I look forward to seeing it.

x2

I will send you some pic of the setup when i get done with it. i only have to order the subs going to start the box on wednesday i have the ports allready and the 1.5'' rod for braceing just have to go get the MDF and get the box done. ------ricksi30------ thanks for all your help and time...

I will send you some pic of the setup when i get done with it. i only have to order the subs going to start the box on wednesday i have the ports allready and the 1.5'' rod for braceing just have to go get the MDF and get the box done. ------ricksi30------ thanks for all your help and time...

No problem! Post a build log if you have time. I'm pretty sure you will be the first person running 8 10" DCONs, at least the first that I've seen.

I hope i am the first to run 8-10'' Dcon. thats onething that made me go with the 8-10'' over the 4-12''subs seams like every explorer i see around where i stay has 2-15'' are 3-12'' are 4-12'' -CVR-are-CVX- subs i just dont wont to be like everyone els thats y i sold the 4-12'' subs and box to my buddy. dont get me wrong thay would get down and get loud and took the power of the two-AQ2200 very well i hope the 8-10'' Dcon will do the same.. and yes i set every amp with my o-scope i dont wont clip city in my setup.

Keep in mind that 4400 rms is almost twice what the DCONs are rated for.

gL

Keep in mind that 4400 rms is almost twice what the DCONs are rated for.

8-10'' Dcon would be 3000rms so only maybe 1400 over maybe... just hope that the 8-10'' Dcons like being in a common chamber. i no some subs dont like it....

Edited by 98exploreron22

Dcons are rated 300 wrms, right? 8 x 300 = 2400 watts... Still looking forward to the build, though!

Dcons are rated 300 wrms, right? 8 x 300 = 2400 watts... Still looking forward to the build, though!

you are right 300rms ea.....i was thinking thay where 375rms ea...my bad...

Box or wall?

And have you ordered yet?

You must not know your vehicles potential. ;)

Box all in the cargo area. no wall. this explorer has had lots of setups in it and lots of testing when i was looking for numbers with it. the best i have done in this explorer is a 149.6 on the TL on the dash. it has lots and lots of fill and seal and lots of SS damp on the roof floor and doors 3layers min everywhere. i fill and sealed my back door to.... and that 149.6 was a fartbox with 4-12'' DD subs and two AQ3500 at .5 ea tuned to 46hz my explorer.... it helps alot to have your on TL when looking for numbers. i think that setup had a 150//151 in it just got tired of chaceing numbers. i just wont it to sound dam good and get loud now.. i will let the pro chace the numbers.

Well then