Sign in to follow this  
mikecdm

Trying to design ported box

I just got my Fi Q 12" back from getting reconed and now I want to build a ported box. I've never built a ported box and wanted to see if these numbers were right. I downloaded the torres box calculator thing and punched in some numbers that seem to work, but I'm not positive if it's right or not.

I have a maximum of 30" W, 15.5" H. Depth has no limit but I'd like to keep it a minimum.

I just want a good daily box and was basing this off Fi's recommended 32hz.

post-2382-0-89923000-1346691379_thumb.pn

Well, I came up with this box. If the specs are correct in the calculator, then this should work. Would just like a second opinion to verify that this is right and I don't was time and material.

I didn't put in total box height since there is no top, but would be 15"

Gf7Vr.jpg

Edited by mikecdm

Looks good to me for a first, ported box build. My first ported box didn't incorporate 45s for bracing, either. Should be pretty decent.

The new update for Torres seems to be a little off on port tuning. I talked to Chris about this and he is looking into it.

Otherwise, looks good!

Thanks, are the settings input correctly for the type of box. Is the common port walls amount correct? Once I get some time I'll start building. Also need see if the calculator gets update so that it's correct.