I have a US Amps that I can not find any information on. Throughout my searches for this amp I found a few but none that look like mine.

I think it maybe rated at 1200w@4ohms. Do you think it is 2 ohm stable?

EricClark-4204.jpg

Edited by edouble101

Could you get a pic of the side panels?

Could you get a pic of the side panels?

Here is an internal pic from the guy I traded it from. I will take more pics later today if needed.

2012-05-0395162538.jpg

I would bet it is rated for around 500-600rms and will do a good 1k. I will see if I can dig through some boxes in the office and pull out some older literature from US and see if I can find anything though.

I would bet it is rated for around 500-600rms and will do a good 1k. I will see if I can dig through some boxes in the office and pull out some older literature from US and see if I can find anything though.

Thank you for doing that.

All 500a specs I found online rate the amp at 1200w@4ohm. But then again none of those amps look like mine.

Yea, I don't think it's an A series. I could be wrong though.

Looking at my info on them, it could very well be a 500A which is 1200 @ 4 ohm. Does this have dual inputs? Should be dual power/ground 8 gauge.

Looking at my info on them, it could very well be a 500A which is 1200 @ 4 ohm. Does this have dual inputs? Should be dual power/ground 8 gauge.

Well somebody got their dirty little hands into this amp.....

Looks like it used to have dual inputs.

0904121450-1.jpg

They also cut two speaker leads off.

0904121451a-1.jpg

0904121452.jpg

0904121452a.jpg

0904121455.jpg

0904121454.jpg

I would love to know what this amp is!

After that is determined I may send it out for repair.

It is about 20" long by 7.5" wide

Should be the 500A actually. Nice old and rare amp you have there.

They made several colors of those amps with purple with the silver name plate being the most common.

Should be the 500A actually. Nice old and rare amp you have there.

They made several colors of those amps with purple with the silver name plate being the most common.

Where would you send it to be repaired?

I no longer trust most amp repair centers personally. I work with a local that works for other companies. Having him do our work as been the best thing I have done so far. I have only had one issue from him and that was the users fault...not the repair. Imagine that lol

BTW- That is not meant to be a "dis" to any online amp repair company. I just get tired of seeing random issues and their policies changing or what amps they will repair slowly be slimmed down to Korean amps only.

BTW- That is not meant to be a "dis" to any online amp repair company. I just get tired of seeing random issues and their policies changing or what amps they will repair slowly be slimmed down to Korean amps only.

Gotcha. Thanks for your help

No problem, when ever you send it out to a repair tech, ask them to clamp it if they can. Ours normally does that on a 13.4 volt setup to see what kind of output the amps actually have. Since most OS amps were never rated correctly(was all about cheating lol).

No problem, when ever you send it out to a repair tech, ask them to clamp it if they can. Ours normally does that on a 13.4 volt setup to see what kind of output the amps actually have. Since most OS amps were never rated correctly(was all about cheating lol).

Good idea!

I may not send it out for repair but if I do I will have it clamped.

I just shipped the amp off to Zed Audio for repair. It is getting a full restoration and hopefully some upgrades :)

...oh yeah and a birth sheet

I just shipped the amp off to Zed Audio for repair. It is getting a full restoration and hopefully some upgrades :)

Nice!

Hell yeah! I can't wait to see it when it comes back.

I spoke with Mr. Mantz yesterday. He hasn't looked at my amp yet because he just overcame an illness from last week.

I have been doing more research. Along with the help of DIYMA this amp has been identified as a 250c. From unofficial sources the "c" designates commercial end use. This model was used in Florida during the early 1990's to power hurricane warning speakers. This model, with a pink circuit board, was a prototype for Stillwater. This amp never made it to be rebadged as Kicker. Power specs are 1000wrms@4ohm.

This may all be BS. But that is all the info I could gather. Hopefully Mr. Mantz can confirm.

Edouble, do you still have this jewel of an amp? I purchased a dead one on Craigslist a few months back. I have been testing and replacing components with original ones but there is a problem; Just like your amp, someone we have decided to name "Bubba" (no ill will to any Bubbas put there) got his 2 cents into the amp. Thing is Bubba left out some components and replaced with wrong value on a couple of them. None of the internet pics have matched up to my amp guts until I saw yours today. What do you say we swap pictures of our amps to help each other out. My amp does have all original wires in it.

Edouble, do you still have this jewel of an amp? I purchased a dead one on Craigslist a few months back. I have been testing and replacing components with original ones but there is a problem; Just like your amp, someone we have decided to name "Bubba" (no ill will to any Bubbas put there) got his 2 cents into the amp. Thing is Bubba left out some components and replaced with wrong value on a couple of them. None of the internet pics have matched up to my amp guts until I saw yours today. What do you say we swap pictures of our amps to help each other out. My amp does have all original wires in it.

I did get mine repaired by ZED Audio. Shoot me a pm, I will take any pics that you want. I would like to sell this amp as well. Again pm me and we can work out those details if you are interested.

Thank you for respnding edouble. I was wondering if you will post gut pics of the two extreme ends of your amp. I need the true value of the resistors next to the rcas. Also I need the value of a lone transistor in between the input ground and the thermistor.

The amp's model number is etched on the solder side of the board. How do I add pictures to my post? I just wish ZED would have turned it back into a 500a. Class A & 1000 damping factor is not something you run accross often.

As soon as I get my household restored from hurricane Sandy I will take the pics you want.