Sign in to follow this  
frogcase2002

new box ideas

looking to see if there is better box i can build for my sub, i have a 15" zcon in 4.5cf box tuned to 32hz on around 3000 rms in my 2005 sable/taurus,,, sub and port is facing the trunk and cant turn the box around or anything, im thinking there is not enough air getting into the cabin because the box is so big (only like 3 inches on each side and an inch from the top of the trunk),,, probley going to need someone draw something up for me with cut sheet and everything when im going to build it but right now just wanting to see some ideas on what i should do to get as loud and sound as good as it can in my car

Do your seats fold down?

Do your seats fold down?

yes

Have you ever thought about firing into the cabin and sealing off your trunk?

Have you ever thought about firing into the cabin and sealing off your trunk?

thinking about it, not sure how hard it will be though cause the opening to the cabin would be smaller than the sub

Hmm, if you can find a way it would be worth it. You probably are trapping a lot in the trunk having such little breathing room into the cabin.

you think i would gain any if i closed off the port thats firing at the trunk and put an external aero port firing up through the rear panel my 6x9s are in