vanquish

Broke my car w/ BIG 3

Hooked up the big 3 and first time start up the car was running really rough rocking like crazy, something is wrong.

Started it again this time it ran fun but

The speedometer stopped work!? wtf did i Do

Charges @ 14.2 so the alt is working

Neg -> Frame

Neg -> engine block

Pos -> Alt

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00515.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

Reattach the factory ground and see if that helps. If you grounded somewhere else it might not be a good location.

Reattach the factory ground and see if that helps. If you grounded somewhere else it might not be a good location.

The factor ground from the negative battery terminal is still there in the second picture. Do you mean remove the new grounds and see what happens? Will this be ok to start the car without those two grounds

The factor ground from the negative battery terminal is still there in the second picture. Do you mean remove the new grounds and see what happens? Will this be ok to start the car without those two grounds

I didn't see that it was still connected....hmm that was really my only idea.

car model? and what did you have to remove if anything to do your big 3?

Edited by Nextiii

car model? and what did you have to remove if anything to do your big 3?

2004 accord

I unplugged the alt and unhooked the battery that's all. everything is back where it was with factory wiring and all

buy a new car haha :P

Does the engine light come on?

It's not stuck on if that's what you're asking but yes all the dash lights work Edited by lost

You didn't unplug the vehicle speed sensor while you were fooling around there did you?

Sounds like the ecm didnt reset or something happened to it.

Check your fuses, make sure you didn't pop one when you were hooking/unhooking the battery.

Check your fuses, make sure you didn't pop one when you were hooking/unhooking the battery.

I was just coming back to say this. I blew my battery fuse one time and it made my car act really weird until I figured out the problem.

You didn't unplug the vehicle speed sensor while you were fooling around there did you?

no that should be located way in the back of the engine. Theres a green alternator plug that I unhooked but plugged that back in

I checked the exposed fuses with a dmm for continuity they read fine. I didn't however unplug the massive fuses under the hood.

something about the E.L.D. re-adjusting as to why it ran horrible on first startup i'm going to drive it around and see what happens.