cackyy

Updated Options Explained

Hate to be that noobie, but I've scoured the web and everything I can find for the options refers to the old options and none of the newer ones that are selectable. Could someone help a noob out here? haha. :D

What specific ones are you looking for?

The Q options, if you could please. I plan on using a 12" Q as a DD, so if you could just tell me which options I should pick, I would be very grateful, haha.

The Q options, if you could please. I plan on using a 12" Q as a DD, so if you could just tell me which options I should pick, I would be very grateful, haha.

Sealed or ported? How much power?

Sealed or ported? How much power?

Sealed, Kicker 1500.1 rms.

If you are positive that you are going to run it sealed get the high qts, and the cooling because it is still free smile.png

Hurry while shipping is still free!!

If you are positive that you are going to run it sealed get the high qts, and the cooling because it is still free smile.png

Hurry while shipping is still free!!

as for the other options? just leave blank?

You can also get the I Heat ring if you want, but I would skip the spider, and the p chamfer is included with the cooling.

I Heat Ring: This option is a machined aluminum ring in the gap that lowers the inductance of the voice coil which allows it to play up a little higher in the frequency range and have better overall transient response. Please note that you can NOT select low Qts and the I Heat Ring options together.

Thanks a ton, and one last thing, should I pass on the internal lead?

Edited by cackyy

because you do not have enough power and you are going to run a sealed enclosure which controls excursion better over the playable range vs a ported enclosure below tuning.

Just a curious question...Why would you not get the extra spider?

It goes against what the Q is made for, SQ. I would not get the Q with the extra spider, if you are looking at a Q with the extra spider you would most likely be better off with a bl.

It goes against what the Q is made for, SQ. I would not get the Q with the extra spider, if you are looking at a Q with the extra spider you would most likely be better off with a bl.

If he were planning on tuning it WAY LOW, i would opt for another spider or if increasing power.

If he were planning on tuning it WAY LOW, i would opt for another spider or if increasing power.

Sealed enclosure...

i've messed with sealed enclosures before and i've never gotten one to extend the low end like a low tuned ported enclosure. And the excursion levels for the sealed enclosures weren't all that great either.

i've messed with sealed enclosures before and i've never gotten one to extend the low end like a low tuned ported enclosure. And the excursion levels for the sealed enclosures weren't all that great either.

Try a bigger sealed box, and or more power and a little eq. Granted a sealed box isn't the way to go when chasing numbers on the meter, but when looking to reproduce music with authority in car audio it is possible with a sealed box. A little cone area helps too. :P