Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

will these fit?

hey guys, i was wanting to install my jl speakers buttt i had a question i know u guys can help me out with. my stock speaker size is 6x8 in front and back. up front, i have the jl 6.5s and im doing tweeters up in the pillar up front. then in back is where my problem begins, the speakers are 6x9s and the hole is for a 6x8 so how much if any will i have to cut out to make them fit?

Sometimes one should take a step back, and just think.

ok well oviously i know i would think i am gonna have to cut away some to make the 6x9s fit. but i have scene before where some people can squeez them in without doing any cutting. thats why i asked. no need to be a smart ass :)

try a baffle

i got 8" in a factory 5.25" in my car w/o cutting, but that was lucky

(really lucky since they're peerless sls 8s)

Edited by lithium

ok well oviously i know i would think i am gonna have to cut away some to make the 6x9s fit. but i have scene before where some people can squeez them in without doing any cutting. thats why i asked. no need to be a smart ass smile.png

Then why don't you take your door panel off, and see for yourself instead of asking people.

I mean your going to have to do it any way regardless of what people say.

Edited by stefanhinote

every application wll be different. i dont have any experience messing with a f250, but the f150's seem pretty easy to fit other sizes. i wouldnt think much of an altercation would be needed

ok well oviously i know i would think i am gonna have to cut away some to make the 6x9s fit. but i have scene before where some people can squeez them in without doing any cutting. thats why i asked. no need to be a smart ass smile.png

Then why don't you take your door panel off, and see for yourself instead of asking people.

I mean your going to have to do it any way regardless of what people say.

didnt know if someone on here has already gone through this :) doesnt hurt to ask. thats why the forum is here!