Sign in to follow this  
tb69396

Amp for 2 SA E10's

I just bought a couple of SA E10's with Dual 4ohm coils and they will be going in a sealed enclosure.

What class D amp would you recommend for around $100? I prefer this route so there are no electrical issues with my son's older car.

I also have the option of running some old school amps (Lanzar Opti 100-1ohm stable, Lanzar Plus 100-1/2 ohm stable, Lanzar 240-2 ohm stable) I don't like the idea of using my old amps because I don't want them stolen as they are not easily replaceable.

Another option is a new Boston GT2200 or a GT2125. I can buy a new 2125 for under $100 but don't know if it will run these E10's well. the GT2200 is more than I want to spend for him and not a class D amp.

That's not a large budget! I think I'd go with the GT2125. I know it's AB and not D, but 600 watts isn't all that much. You could probably do the big 3 for pretty cheap and would help with the electrical. Check the classifieds, you might find something there for cheap.

This is all for my son's first car. I'm not getting in deep here for sure because he may have a different car in a year. This is a project that he wants to do so I am going to help him and we will build a box and get some father/son time in.

With the GT2125 I think I will only get 200 x 2 out of it becasue of the D4 coils. I can't mono it at 2 ohms with the 2 subs, I have to go 4 ohm or 1 ohm, or 2 ohm stereo.

How much power do these subs need to get moving?

Edited by tb69396

1 watt to get them moving. I'd recommend the GT2125.

1 watt to get them moving. I'd recommend the GT2125.

Very funny there. GT 2125 it is then. I may buy an extra just to have around to match with my 2200 I have sitting at home. Thanks guys

I went ahead and got a couple of the GT 2125's to go with what I have already and give one to my son to push the E10's. Now on to the box design.....