oxsign

RL-p 15" power rating??

I currently have a A2400DB power acoustic pushing my 2 15"s. With that amp they are getting about 900w rms each @ 1ohm. I was thinking about getting the A3000DB that would give them about 1200w rms each @ 1 ohm. Would they be ok with this much power?? :huh2:

I currently have a A2400DB power acoustic pushing my 2 15"s. With that amp they are getting about 900w rms each @ 1ohm. I was thinking about getting the A3000DB that would give them about 1200w rms each @ 1 ohm. Would they be ok with this much power??  :huh2:

They will probly be OK depending on the enclosure, but they really shouldnt need it.

so 1200 split by two RL-ps? they should be able to take that power easily. i'm sending ~1k to my rl-p 15, and it's fine. just tune it correctly and you shouldn't run into any issues.

Edited by carguy83

so 1200 split by two RL-ps? they should be able to take that power easily. i'm sending ~1k to my rl-p 15, and it's fine. just tune it correctly and you shouldn't run into any issues.

No, 1200ea. I currently have 900 to each right now.

No, 1200ea. I currently have 900 to each right now.

They will be fine, are you wiring them in parallel?

its not going to make a difference you should be able to push em hard enough with 900. going up to 1300 or whatever isn't really going to sound any different.

if you want louder add more subs but don't buy more amps (this works best in nearly all cases)