Sign in to follow this  
rockysblazer

SSA dcon 12 box

hey iv had my dcon 12 in a sealed box that is a little too small for it, and im now looking for a ported box that is big enough to get the job done.  i want loudness. im trying to stay cheap as possible, limited on money.  its in a 94 blazer pointed back right now.
i found a ported box on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-0-FT-3-TUNED-32Hz-SLOT-VENTED-CUSTOM-MDF-BOX-ENCLOSURE-for-12-INCH-SUBWOOFER-/400334071728?pt=US_Speaker_Sub_Enclosures&hash=item5d35c527b0

how is that?

Build one cheaper?

I agree on the do it yourself idea. If you must buy a prefab that one looks pretty decent. 

Im sure if you asked around here someone like Alton may help you with a design/cutsheet/instructions and from there its very simple carpentry. he has been awesome to work with and makes it very simple for us non experts to build a good box

yeah iv looked at the enclosure plans but im pretty sure me, myself could make a good box, i have not had much experience with woodworking.  how much would someone make a custom box for? i would want the 2.25 ported probably.

We can do a fully custom designed and built enclosure if you are interested of course. Wouldn't be much more then the "ebay special" enclosure you linked to.

My local best buy ask for like $160-$200 per box. No thanks!

I'm getting 2 customs made for free from my friend who is a professional carpenter.

I could design a box later for you when I get home. Just let me know whats the max size the box can be (space limitations) and how close to SPL or SQ you want. I can give you the dimensions