Sign in to follow this  
Canucknoob

My build begins. Advice pls.

Ok so after a couple months of research and asking questions on this forum ( Thank you to everyone who answered and gave me their honest opinion ) I have begun to build my system. No its not

anything amazing but it is awesome to me lol. First I will list what I have planned and then I will ask my questions and ask for your feedback and advice. Thnx

Vehicle -      2005 Jimmy 2door  4x4

Headunit-    Pioneer DEH-80PRS (ordered)adhd.gif

Speakers-   Hertz HSK 165 6.5's 2way component up front. (unsure on install placement yet. Factory is door but thinking custom placement wedged between wind shield and dash facing driver/passenger) (purchasing at store I heard them at when headunit arrives, sounded amazing and tweeter didn't hurt my ears lol)

Woofer-      Fi Q 12' or Icon 12 (flipped on this decision 100 times. Honestly listing both cause when I do buy this I will choose then. I will probably have both on comp screen and decide then. Once I click 

the purchase button is the only time this will be decided I'm thinking.)ninja.gif barf2.gif  

Amps-         Soundqubed Q4-120 for speakers  (Soundqubed=AQ btw. they have new name)

Soundqubed Q1-1200D for woofer.

Enclosure-  Building 2 maybe 3 a little different from each other to hear differences. Starting point from box designs supplied from manufacturer. All to be ported. Doing this cause I can and will be fun to me. Maybe try one sealed but dought it.

Ok any opinion/criticism appreciated. My questions atm are for install. I am not able to do this on my own and will be taking it to an install shop. I do not have the knowledge nor will I watch a youtube

video and then try lol. My knowledge on electrical is nada so seems like a good reason to pay someone with the knowledge to do it. As I don't have the money just laying under my mattress I have to 

buy this system piece by piece. Every month I should be able to get another piece. Headunit already purchased and money for speakers set aside.

My question is when I take the headunit and speakers to be installed should I ask them to run the wiring for everything now or should I wait? To you installers out there how should I approach this with     

the shop. Will I save money getting the wires all run the first time I take it in or should I just do deck and speakers first then wire as I go? Sorry if these questions hurt your head just want to do this 

right the first time. Thank you again to everyone who helped me the last month on these forums. I've been unable to accomplish my car audio needs for years but now I can. trippy.gif

O am I missing anything on my list? new alternator/battery or whatever. Thinking of sound deadening doors and what not. Wherever its just a panel I can pull off and put back on with the clips.

Thnx again. 

Edited by Canucknoob