Sign in to follow this  
tburt915

Best amp to power a fully loaded 12in fi bl

I'm pushing mine with an AQ2200 but honestly I would go with Sundown. I'm going back to Sundown here shortly!!

Class Ds pretty much perform similarly, buy what you can afford.  Honestly, there isn't a huge difference in quality from amp to amp these days.

There is no such thing as dirty power, underrated or overrated.  The amplifiers put out a certain power before clipping, and that is usually pretty close to what they are supposed to do.  When brand X makes a 1500.1 class D amp that puts out 1774 watts, it isn't overrated, it is a 1774 watt amplifier into the given load it was tested with.  All class Ds have similar distortion and efficiency, there isn't huge differences in their topology from manufacturer to manufacturer.

The more expensive amps have *only potentially* better quality parts than the cheaper ones.  They may also have better QC to cut down on failures.

Clipping doesn't hurt anything, it never has and never will.  If it did, every speaker would blow if you listen to popular music, because it all has heavy clipping in one form or another...  I have done exhaustive *objective* tests with this, more so than anyone on this board.

You can destroy any subwoofer made with a 1900 WRMS class D amp if you try hard enough.

Gain settings have nothing to do with, or will ever limit, total output power.

Sign in to follow this