dragon123443

need help choosing sub!

alright so I have a fiberglass sub box that is shaped very weird .. its cut out for a 10 was thinking about an fi q .. I currently have a kicker cvr in there that is just not cutting it, will I feel the bass better with a q or will it not be as loud?

Fi q will definitely be louder then a kicker cvr. But the box doesn't sound ideal, do you have at least a guess to the cubic space of this box? Im guessing its sealed.

yes it is sealed it is about .66 cu ft with nothing in it

I assume it is sealed as well. A ported enclosure would yield more output from either sub. I doubt one would be louder than the other in your box. How much power do you have running your sub?

Take some time to read THIS and THIS

I do believe this is a relevant technical question.

Oh that is a decent size, so your box should work fine. How much power you plan on running to it? if you put the 500rms that a kicker cvr takes it probably wont be a lot louder but Fi q are great sounding subs. If you got the 1500rms power it would be much louder. so depending on how much you wanna spend you could buy a new amp, if its not up to those standards. Either way the quality of bass will be worth the money.

Edited by SacredTanakh

Lacks details though, and new members to the forum should read them anyways

I have a 500 watt jl audio monoblock right now. if I get the q I've been looking into the soundstream dtr 1700 ..

@danP sorry bro my phone won't open that... this is my first time posting

Lacks details though, and new members to the forum should read them anyways

We can always ask questions for more information, its not a big deal..

Oh that is a decent size, so your box should work fine. How much power you plan on running to it? if you put the 500rms that a kicker cvr takes it probably wont be a lot louder but Fi q are great sounding subs. If you got the 1500rms power it would be much louder. so depending on how much you wanna spend you could buy a new amp, if its not up to those standards. Either way the quality of bass will be worth the money.

x2

I assume it is sealed as well. A ported enclosure would yield more output from either sub. I doubt one would be louder than the other in your box. How much power do you have running your sub?

This was assuming you would be using the same amp. That's my fault.

I have a 500 watt jl audio monoblock right now. if I get the q I've been looking into the soundstream dtr 1700 ..

@danP sorry bro my phone won't open that... this is my first time posting

I wouldnt necessarily recommend a soundstream amp, they don't do complete advertised power and some models run quite hot.

although they are of decent quality compared to others. rockford makes quality amps, or stetsom. there are others brands also if you wanna look around.

Edited by SacredTanakh

oh dang lol thanks for helping me prevent that trainwreck haha.

The SSA store has plenty to choose from!

I will try them out .. thanks I'm just not trying to get involved with no shitty equipment , you know?

For the exception of Skar, and this is only MY opinion, everything here is top shelf!

I will try them out .. thanks I'm just not trying to get involved with no shitty equipment , you know?

I would venture to say none of the amps are of bad quality in the SSA store.

EDIT: haha.. I almost put down Skar is the only questionable one but BrutalBasser beat me to it, as I was typing. :P

Edited by SacredTanakh

I've heard some good things from those crescendo amps listed on there but for now I AM A save up money and use my jl audio as a temporary band aid lol.. either ways I'm set on the q

I did like those skar subs. but believe me, you 2 orient the only ones I hear downtalking skar audio lol

I did like those skar subs. but believe me, you 2 arentt the only ones I hear downtalking skar audio lol

I've heard some good things from those crescendo amps listed on there but for now ima save up money and use my jl audio as a temporary band aid lol.. either ways I'm set on the q

Crescendo audio amps are very good quality, and that sounds good. I am doing the same thing, cause as you can see atm I'm stuck with a Soundstream amp.

I did like those skar subs. but believe me, you 2 arentt the only ones I hear downtalking skar audio lol

Skar is very good at advertising and making their products look good. Ive always like their style of cone and surround.

you have a soundstream amp? I did not know this..

I don't know much about car audio bit I just love that bass, I am curious do amps also play a factor in sq and SPL? or they all basically do the same?

again sorry for all the questions I am new

you have a soundstream amp? I did not know this..

I don't know much about car audio bit I just love that bass, I am curious do amps also play a factor in sq and SPL? or they all basically do the same?

again sorry for all the questions I am new

Yeah the Rubicon 2.600, and it can make a difference in both sq and spl. if you choose a bad quality amp it could put out very little power to the sub which causes low spl, and the quality of bass in general could be degraded.

Some of soundstream's amps are better then others, Ive heard the reference series is nice. where as their rubicon 2500, and tarantula 2600 have a reputation for low power, and overheating. Mine runs hot and I doubt gets the whole 300rms each but seems to be pushing the subs nicely, so I cant complain too much for my application.