Sign in to follow this  
MikeMartel

Powerware Batteries?

Not too sure what to think of these... 100ah batteries for 160 bucks? I'm assuming that build quality isn't there compared to other high end battery makers, would they even be worth using? I'll probably be needing some backup electrical sometime soon and don't have a ton of money.

Aren't they ups power backup batteries.

We have several guys using the "2nds" or "refurbed" powerware down this way. They seem to do OK at best. I would think that if you look around you would likely find better for the price.

Best advice is to look at battery outlet stores. Many of them will carry 2nds, refurb, or blims. Which on a budget are hard to pass up, all though they are not really built to work with what you would be using them for.

Yeah. I saw blemished knew going for about 80 bucks.. That's crazy inexpensive. And too be honest. If I were to get 3 group 31's and a group 34 upfront. I'm hoping that it would be more than enough to run my single crescendo 3500 at .5 :)

I don't think are meant for automotive use.

They are ok. My diehard g31s were considerably stronger than my c&d 540 Mr. Granted I got it for 60$ vs 200 for the diehard

for the money you cant complain... but you get what you pay for too...

for my money i spent a little more and for the deka

This is true... I may see If i can find some blemished Dekas. :)

the good thing about the powerwares is that ylou cant get hurt.... people will ALLWAYS buy them off you .. because they are big and cheap