azlnick

Suggested amp for 1 XCON 12 now, 2 XCON 12s later?

Current setup is in sig.

I ordered my XCON a couple of weeks ago and I'm shopping around for amps to power it. It'll go in an optimal ported enclosure. I've checked db-r.com and the classifieds in caraudio.com, here, ebay, amazon, and woofersetc. Sundown amps, DB Drive amps, Crescendo, Cadence, Audiopipe, Nakamichi, Planet Audio, and others I'm sure I'm forgetting to name.

I know 300w or even 600w will make the XCON pound, but with a 200A alt, I can get up to 1200w each.

My goals are mostly SPL, but I hope to retain the SQ that I am LOVING with my ID components. I'm sure the XCON can make a seamless transition from blending in with the front stage, to breathtaking chest thumps.

With that in mind, I'm wondering what would be the right amp for my single XCON 12 for now, but possibly a 2nd XCON later? If I can reach the above goals with only a single XCON, then please let me know and suggest an appropriate amp. Thanks guys!

What's your budget and what coil configeration did you order, dual 1 or dual 2?

Oh right! D1 and there's not really a budget, I'd say less than $700, but if I could keep it around $300-$500, that'd be great.

A used creacendo 3500 or sundown 3500 would meet your goals and budget.

This ^

I would do the sundown if I had the money.

Ok thanks guys, I'll keep my eyes out for both.

These are both fine choices. The older Crescendo 3kwp and Sundown saz3000 amps would go great with a pair of Xcons as well and would save you even more. You should be able to find the 3kw amps around 500 or maybe even a bit cheaper.