Sign in to follow this  
toxicmods

ANY ONE UP Need help blew subs

Blew death penalty 18ns with two dd m3b amps is it too much power

Burnt and locked coils are a good indicator you over powered them.

Ummm yeah...

ok ill copy and paste

i just don't see how they lasted as long as they have, they are
rated at 1500 watts so you throw 3300 watts at each? ok,  then you say
daily? 

and then to top it all all your telling me you have 6000 watts on 200 amp hours worth of battery?

well so far you have defied the basic laws of car audio for 4 years
shit, your a lucky man,  makes me want to run out and get a pair if they
take abuse like that!!!!

honestly, you have been clipping those subs by playing with low
voltage, and you have been throwing tons of power at them... sounds to
be like the glue that holds the coils to the former finaly baked and let
loose.

Hey guys whats going on im totally new too all this how do I get notifications from you all I need alot of help and fast low on money but going for a new record in my class this year in missouri hears the thing I have two 18 inch incriminator audio 18 inch subs in wall in a focus zx3 on two digital designs m3b the brand new ones they can do 3800 each am I over pushing them or can they handle that power I was told they could or what am I doing wrong could the box be too small or air space as I said im new some what its tuned at 32 hz

Hey guys whats going on im totally new too all this how do I get notifications from you all I need alot of help and fast low on money but going for a new record in my class this year in missouri hears the thing I have two 18 inch incriminator audio 18 inch subs in wall in a focus zx3 on two digital designs m3b the brand new ones they can do 3800 each am I over pushing them or can they handle that power I was told they could or what am I doing wrong could the box be too small or air space as I said im new some what its tuned at 32 hz

Lol, what class are you in man?

How could I send any pics too you all my team cut the coil out I can show you all what the damn thing look likes yea ive been pretty damn hard on them over the years I mean ive done spl with what I got hitting 151.3 db every time lowest 148.6 but having low voltage how would that make a sub clip I thought that was just amps that could clip and im running sub sonic filter too not peak the subs out lower then 30 or something like that .

Im in like three classes now 0 to 1000 modified 0 two 2000 and 0 two 3000 modified in missouri

How could I send any pics too you all my team cut the coil out I can show you all what the damn thing look likes yea ive been pretty damn hard on them over the years I mean ive done spl with what I got hitting 151.3 db every time lowest 148.6 but having low voltage how would that make a sub clip I thought that was just amps that could clip and im running sub sonic filter too not peak the subs out lower then 30 or something like that .

Upload them to photo bucket then copy and paste the image on here.

Im in like three classes now 0 to 1000 modified 0 two 2000 and 0 two 3000 modified in missouri

MWSPL? If so there is a good chance you will see me and my team this year. If you are trying to set a record, you have some tough competition. :)

I know for sure with these amps and the right power with what I had yesterday I was close or right at 157.7 db or more just off the two batterys and alt so is there any thing you all can tell me I need too do post anything up show you all anything I need all the help in the world this shit I eat sleep and breath for honor of my past grandmother and grandparents

Where are you from brutal basser have I seen you before or your team I have the red zx3 focus that says toxic mods on it

157.7? Come on now..

Where are you from brutal basser have I seen you before or your team I have the red zx3 focus that says toxic mods on it

I am an hour SW of St. Louis.

And I dont have photo bucket or how too use it im not much of a computer person if you all cant tell im sorry I have face book is there any other way too post pics and what type of cubic space should I have you all think in my car with that much power and two 18ns I feel after the years ive done two boxes its not the right space and cubes

Im being dead serious about the numbers last week on a term lab with one m3a amp I did a 154.6 hatch open and driver's door open there at mid west I did a 148.6 at h and h audio

your amps clip with low power, and your amps send your subs a clipped signal  thus distortion and creating heat  

and your talking about unloading the subs, and that is fixed by setting the SSf correctly.

wait your trying to go from 153.s to 157s?  you know thats a HUGE gap right?

Im being dead serious about the numbers last week on a term lab with one m3a amp I did a 154.6 hatch open and driver's door open there at mid west I did a 148.6 at h and h audio

You can't be silly enough to think that we are that naive.. I don't see a 57.7 here.

wait your trying to go from 153.s to 157s?  you know thats a HUGE gap right?

No he isn't trying, he did it!

On two batteries too...

Have three batterys one under hood look it up on usaci and midwest the numbers are all there not into forum for arguments I only state true facts and whats going on period last year was a 153 something and when they blew im almost positive it was close too 157 or fekt that way ive been inside vans hitting 160s before

ohhhh so you think it "felt" like 157... gotcha.. with your super calibrated body no doubt.

not trying to be a dick but wow.

When you run that much power you need a way bigger electrical upgrade. H/O alt with multiple batteries to make sure you are running the amp and subs safely.