buickbass

help trunk build

hey guys I'm doing a trunk build with Subs forward and port to sealed off well my question is my seat don't fold down I took it out and behind the seat there is an x frame metal from going in the trunk so does that give strength to car or can I cut it off need help

normally it gives strength to the seat.. but it may be a back support for the seat... do you have a picture 1 and 2 do you plan to compete ?

I'm sorry no pic I'm on mobile I really don't know how to post pics and no its for daily

well i need a pic, and also  try to guess the gauge of steel  if you can. ...  even its structural  if you remove it the car is not going to cave in on its self.  but it will reduce the safety of the car in the event of a wreck

got it finally figured it out big jon and its not really steal its aluminum

Edited by buickbass

its strucual no doubt. whats mounted to  the bars?

electrical box like a computer but I was gonna hid that under my carpet make a floor for it so wat u think brother cut or no

find out exactly what the electrical components go to first and ill get some other people to come check it out and see what they think.. they know more about auto structure then i do...

NO!

It's steel not aluminum.  DO NOT CUT THAT OUT.  As Jon has stated, that is structural.  I don't care what you read on the internet or what "expert" you talk to, do not cut that out.

there you have it.. leave it.. and just get close and seal the top bottom and sides using trim panels it can be done .

okay thanks guys for the help I'm just going to leave it and wrap it in some fabric or so . so it won't look bad thanks you guys saved me from my car caving in