So I'm going to be running active soon. All crescendo.

I already have the soundstream rubicon 2.600. (300w x2 @2ohm) so I'm planning on running that on the 4 crescendo 6.5s. Since it seems the perfect fit rms wise.

I also already have a Lanzar VCT4110. (100w x2 Bridged @4ohm)  Ive heard these are overrated, so input on that would be nice.

should I run that bridged @4ohm for 100w on the 2 crescendo ft1s.

Orrrrr....

buy a soundstream rubicon 2.250. (75w x2 @4ohm) It is closer to rms, but I know the ft1s could handle 25 more watts.

Thought of soundstream only so they would be matching, it would look nicer, although the Lanzar is already mounted under my front seat.

Obviously this is temporary, I don't particularly like soundstream or lanzar amps, so my second question is for a more long term amp situation what amps/brand do you guys reccomend I use?

What are your goals for your front stage? The drivers that you have listed are not that great. Also what do you plan on using for crossovers?

And if the amps that you have work, use them. There is no point in changing them out if they work.

Sell all of that, and buy a zed amp. Don't buy an amplifier based on RMS, bad idea.

draconia_II_2__40473.1336505469.1280.128

What are your goals for your front stage? The drivers that you have listed are not that great. Also what do you plan on using for crossovers?

Yeah I know they are not the best, especially for SQ but from what Ive heard they are loud and clear so I figure with enough tinkering I could probably get it how I wanted. While I would like to have a bit of SQ, I haven't found any other drivers or tweeters that Ive really liked the specs of. Ive looked at aloottttt of different brands and drivers.

Im going to be running the 80prs.

I guess my goals would be sound quality mostly, but that can keep up with the 6 dcons very well.

Oh and Please, Don't just say not a good choice and not give any sort of other recommendation, that's honestly not helpful. tongue.png

And if the amps that you have work, use them. There is no point in changing them out if they work.

I wanted to get amps of more quality later, I don't have the cash to do those, the wall, sub amp, new deck, wood, etc.

Figured a cheap temporary amp would at least make it so I could use them till I do.. but at the same time its going to be awhile so I also figured the amps being at least at rms would help keep my satisfied till then.

Sell all of that, and buy a zed amp. Don't buy an amplifier based on RMS, bad idea.

draconia_II_2__40473.1336505469.1280.128

Not sure how 50rms to each of those 6.5s would gain an advantage over the other amps, especially considering the ft1s would over power the mids. I would think I would have to do a lot of tweaking to get it to sound right.

Sure the zeds a good amp, but I don't see how it pairs with these drivers well. explain?

Edited by SacredTanakh

What are you trying to achieve with your front stage? First off the super tweeters should just be cut from the list. Second you spent all of that money on an awesome deck to throw shit drivers in, that doesn't make sense. Please don't think that I'm trying to be rude but with the money you were going to spend on what you have listed you could do MUCH better and I'm only trying to help. List your budget and your goals and we can go from there. Don't forget deadening either!

What are you trying to achieve with your front stage? First off the super tweeters should just be cut from the list. Second you spent all of that money on an awesome deck to throw shit drivers in, that doesn't make sense. Please don't think that I'm trying to be rude but with the money you were going to spend on what you have listed you could do MUCH better and I'm only trying to help. List your budget and your goals and we can go from there. Don't forget deadening either!

Its actually funny that you should say that cause the only part of the front stage I have bought is the tweets haha...

I'm not quite sure what I would say my budget would be... Nothing crazy. hmm... 100$ a driver seems reasonable to me.

My goals are SQ mostly, but that can keep up with 6 15in dcons.

Also deadening is on the list of many many other things..

In my defense haha, I've heard nothing but good things about crescendo speakers.

I thought about so many other options but the crescendos are loud and reasonably priced.

Edited by SacredTanakh

Have you purchased the deck? If you have 400 to spend after the deck you could do a killer front stage man. Nothing is going to keep up with 6 fifteens, but if you want something that will sound good at moderate sub levels and something that you can still hear at full tilt it is doable for sure.

Have you purchased the deck? If you have 400 to spend after the deck you could do a killer front stage man. Nothing is going to keep up with 6 fifteens, but if you want something that will sound good at moderate sub levels and something that you can still hear at full tilt it is doable for sure.

I have not bought the deck yet. soon hopefully.

I mean reasonably so, didn't mean equally as loud haha.

That seems like basically what I'm looking for.

Trust me if you work with the vast amount of super knowledgeable people on here (I'm not one of them in this particular area, but I'm no idiot tongue.png) you can have something that will blow away what you were looking at. 

And probably cost less.

Trust me if you work with the vast amount of super knowledgeable people on here (I'm not one of them, but I'm no idiot tongue.png) You can have something that will blow away what you were looking at. 

ehhh.. at least give me a brand to look at haha, I need something to work with other then: pick something better.

and no one else is chiming in so I'm looking at you shrug.gif

Trust me if you work with the vast amount of super knowledgeable people on here (I'm not one of them, but I'm no idiot tongue.png) You can have something that will blow away what you were looking at. 

ehhh.. at least give me a brand to look at haha, I need something to work with other then: pick something better.

There isn't a specific brand to look at. Look here http://www.parts-express.com/cat/home-audio-woofers-midranges-tweeters/13 and here http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/speaker-drivers/

There isn't a specific brand to look at. Look here http://www.parts-express.com/cat/home-audio-woofers-midranges-tweeters/13 and here http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/speaker-drivers/

I have actually looked in both those places, but ill search around a bit more.

Where do you plan on mounting the speakers?

tweeters in/on A pillars

mids in doors

tweeters in/on A pillars

mids in doors

What kind of depth can you fit in your doors? How big of a tweeter can you fit? I'm assuming a pretty big tweeter if you were planning on those super tweeters haha.

tweeters in/on A pillars

mids in doors

What kind of depth can you fit in your doors? How big of a tweeter can you fit? I'm assuming a pretty big tweeter if you were planning on those super tweeters haha.

I would have done pods for the tweeters, the A pillars on my truck are small and just solid metal.

Lots of room for mids, not quite sure on depth, but I can glass the doors and add depth that way if necessary.

I'll measure the depth this weekend..

On a depressing note I talked to mechman and singer and they both said the max amp alternator they can build for my truck is 240amps. Which doesn't make sense to me, but idk... Guess I'm just going to buy a bunch of batteries...

On a depressing note I talked to mechman and singer and they both said the max amp alternator they can build for my truck is 240amps. Which doesn't make sense to me, but idk... Guess I'm just going to buy a bunch of batteries...

How much power are you planning on?

For this build not that much, probably around 2600, but when I upgrade agian 240 is probably not gonna cut it

since im not getting much help im gonna go ahead and do it the way I had planned, If I dont like it ill try some other drivers. Simple as that. thanks anyways.

since im not getting much help im gonna go ahead and do it the way I had planned, If I dont like it ill try some other drivers. Simple as that. thanks anyways.

Okay...

Yeah I know they are not the best, especially for SQ but from what Ive heard they are loud and clear so I figure with enough tinkering I could probably get it how I wanted. While I would like to have a bit of SQ, I haven't found any other drivers or tweeters that Ive really liked the specs of. Ive looked at aloottttt of different brands and drivers.

Im going to be running the 80prs.

I guess my goals would be sound quality mostly, but that can keep up with the 6 dcons very well.

Oh and Please, Don't just say not a good choice and not give any sort of other recommendation, that's honestly not helpful. tongue.png

How about this then? You couldn't have picked much worse and pretty much ANYTHING will sound better. The problem is you picked drivers that do not play nicely together. They both can be used effectively, but not together.

No locations & budget, no other recommendations. You know the drill.

Btw, wherever you are reading the nonsense that those sound good you should just stop as it is seriously misleading you.

And until you do that no one can help you.

The FT1's are TERRIBLE tweeters. Figures that is what you bought. At least there are enough idiots out there on other forums that think its a good idea to use them so selling shouldn't be that hard.