Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

4cube box for 15" ssd is this the right direction?

hey guys i have a 2006 toyota tundra access cab. currently my sub is in a 2.5cuft box tuned around 32hz. its much too small. it is being powered by a percision power black ice bk1300.1d. and i have been fiddling around on sketch up trying to make a box to fit nice and tight up against my seat in the back passenger side. the box will be roughly 4 cuft with 2 4" pvc ports. will this be enough port area for my sub? the box i have it in now has much too small of a port. i am planning to tune to around 30hz this time. sub will be roughly in the center of the two front seats firing foward, with the ports facing the drivers side. there will be one seat still usable in the rear behind the drivers seat. what do you guys think of this plan? any suggestions? im pretty crafty with the tools, so i was thinking about putting a mdf ring on the end of the ports and flaring them with a router. double baffle flush  mounted, and i think im going to need to brace the box a bit this time.

there is my design. after port and sub displacement i have about 3.9cuft. would any one do anything differently than this and why? im thinking about getting a threaded rod to go from the back to the front where the sub will be. and from the bottom to the top where the ports are parallel to. im looking for some advice here.

post-21317-0-26508800-1370911370_thumb.p

Didn't I do a design for you? You had the slanted back piece to hook up the back piece to the head rest right?

you are correct, but i really need it tight against the seat so i have more room for the passenger to lean back. 

The one I designed will sit the same distance as this one it just won't hug the back seat since it doesn't slant back.

the back seat is where it is attached to. and it looks ugly with a big hole between the seat and the box.

Then build panels around it to hide the empty part behind the box. That's what I would do. The box I designed I think would perform much better than this one.

why is that?

Well the box size isn't much different in cubic size but the port area is more optimal on the box I made. I don't feel 2 4" is enough for it. Also it's be a shit ton easier for you to make a regular rectangular box instead of one with a slant like that. Then just cut out panels to make it look nice. I think that's the easiest and best way but in the end it's up to you.

Edited by Bassink

I pmed you the box design I did.