Sign in to follow this  
grayta

I need a new Alternator Ford Focus 2012, someone contact me.

Lately I have been having some problems with my alt for some reason. Two days ago on Friday it was working fine and steadily charging around 14.4 while I was driving. Yesterday out of no where while I was driving (not listening to my system) it just decided to drop down to about 12.9. Today while driving I noticed that when I pressed the gas my voltage would severely go down but then if I let off the gas while in gear my voltage would start to rise. When I put it in neutral it would go back down again. I thought I could get away from getting a new alternator for a while because I am only running about 2500 rms, I have my gains set a little lower because of my electrical system. Basically i think it's time for a new alt (ho obviously).

I just contacted mechman alternators but there no application for my vehicle so now I am stuck unless someone can point me in the right direction. I was wondering if I could maybe buy an Oem alt for my vehicle and mail it to an alternator shop and see if they can up the amperage but not sure if that's possible. I am kind of dumb when it comes to alternators lol. Thanks for the help. I'm hoping for an alternator shop to contact me on here basically.

EDIT... If I bought this.. http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Ford/Focus/Motorcraft/Alternator/2012/S/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/MIGLV8636RM.html and shipped it to whomever and they upped the amperage.

Edited by grayta

Thanks for the help. I do not know much about alternators but want to learn more so thank you. I have contacted many companies so now I just sit and wait and hopefully someone can help me out.

You're definitely in a tough spot as you have little control, I was in the same boat. If you can't find anyone to make the alt than I'd look into getting an oem denso/bosch to replace yours if it can't be fixed, grab another battery, and lower the gain on the sub amp. I know it sucks, but not much else can be done. :(

Thanks again. I upgraded to a xs power d6500 under the hood in place of the stock battery and the voltage drop was little. Then my alternator goes lol. It did this once, a while ago but then fixed itself. Hopefully it will fix itself again and hold for long enough for me to get this issue fixed lol.